Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-20-2022, 07:07 AM   #21
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I'm thrilled to see them embracing the property like this, it's just a shame these cost as much as a used car.

While we're at it, let's get some Aliens in this format (same bases, museum-ish poses) so we can display them next to each other.
It wouldn't be impossible to achieve owning all the 1/3 Preds, lined up next to each other if...... they'd give us a few years in between each reveal & release, inorder to pay for one at a time. It is too expensive to try order them all and pay for all 3 at the same time. They're going a bit too fast cranking these guys out for the majority of people. I mean life is short and all, but come on! It's a good thing if you're loaded rich though.

Prime 1 know's this, that's why the guy with the dreds said, "if you're thinking about starting a Predator collection, this is the one to get." They know the people who ordered the JH or CH are probably out. I may get this, depending on a few things, like price for instance. There's no reason they can't price these all around the same...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 12:40 PM   #22
Python
Omega Red

Oh I really like this one! Berserker is definitely one of my favourite Predator designs. I told myself I wouldn't buy another 1/3 statue at these kind of prices, but it will be very difficult to pass this one up!

I really wish these we're more in scale with the "1/4" Big came cover art JH. That's the perfect size. These are too big to collect more than a couple.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 04:09 PM   #23
azurepred
Zot

I don't know how I feel about this one. It's definitely cool, but SHOULD also be the cheapest of the 3. At the end of the day, I don't think there is any chance I would have space for it anyways. I also hated this movie so much.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 04:25 PM   #24
Hutch0o
Birdman

I much prefer this over city hunters awkward pose. Also the base is incredible, busy but still not too much. Will definitely be pre ordering this. I have a feeling every closed mouth switch out they release of each predator will be made into a bust. So might pick up city hunter bust just too have the complete set of busts and 2-3 statues.

Jungle hunter is a no brainer, city hunter isn’t worth it for me and now berserker will be based on the price. Wolf will
Be a must have if they make him and the AVP scar/Celtic one will be very expensive I predict.
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 05:14 PM   #25
PivotRyder
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'll buy if they can do $2500 for the base price with two head sculpts. AVP Predators will be pretty nuts knowing they would actually put a dead Xenomorph on the base.
PivotRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 05:29 PM   #26
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotRyder View Post
I'll buy if they can do $2500 for the base price with two head sculpts. AVP Predators will be pretty nuts knowing they would actually put a dead Xenomorph on the base.
A basic regular version with the masked, unmasked portraits and a couple hand switch outs is all I would want if I did get one too. They don't need to go nuts with tons of switch-out's & accessories to jack the price up.
Old 11-20-2022, 05:33 PM   #27
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotRyder View Post
I'm holding out for either Scar or Wolf. I'd be out 15k on these things.

What I’m most scared of is that we do get a Wolf, and ….. It’s a museum pose.

Fellow pred collectors: I love you guys and gals and I know museum pieces have their place ( I’m all aboard the JH 1/3 train) but Preds need to be shown in all their athletic glory sometimes. Example: Ahab. LOVE the character and the back story. I want to want to be head over heels for P1’s piece but I just. Can’t. Press. The order button because it’s just … missing something? And I think that something is dynamism.

For Wolf I’m looking for something similar to SSC’s without the mixed media.

Give me dynamic or give me death.

Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 05:54 PM   #28
VILE GUILE

In 6-10 years from now, they'll probably reveal the Dynamic Master line Preds, that will all be in action poses, possibly... The Wolf Pred in this 1/3 line will follow suite with the museum poses I reckon.
Old 11-20-2022, 07:18 PM   #29
Hutch0o
Birdman

That is actually a smart way to reuse the sculpts with minimal effort. A line of the same sculpts in dynamic poses would not be necessary, but would be cool to see pieces we love and view in our homes everyday come to life in dynamic action poses. You may be on to something there ^
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 09:55 PM   #30
FACEBOX
Fantastic Four

I prefer the museum poses, hence the name of the line. It's somewhat of an insurance against leaning or cracking over time. A museum pose also shows off the details better too as it avoids having any of the limbs blocking the view.

Can you imagine the space it would require to display Scar in his spinning spear Queen Alien stabbing pose?
FACEBOX is offline   Reply With Quote