Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-13-2016, 09:42 AM   #2971
aa909
The Green Hornet

I'm still stunned that the new batch of Spiderman PFs are coming in with these same issues. Last week I met a fellow collector locally to purchase his EX, which was still sealed, we opened it and the blue portion of the legs had several smudges so I had to pass.

I'm heading to meet another collector today who's selling his EX, will report back when I see it in person. Don't understand why this particular statue is being packaged wet at the factory, very odd, and it's a shame because the dynamic pose of this Spiderman is probably the best I've seen.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:22 AM   #2972
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
any news on your statue issue? did they provide a replacement? Mine suffered from issues like yours but minimal. they just gave me a partial discount.
They would not provide a replacement. Partial discount as well
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:26 PM   #2973
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Finally got mine today. Thankfully it's perfect. You can tell they packed it wet though but it didn't get messed up.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:16 PM   #2974
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
They would not provide a replacement. Partial discount as well
They know it's sold out and why offer a replacement when most will keep it anyways. Makes no sense for them to lose money when they don't have to do it. Most times they have replacements but it depends on how damage your statue is. They will offer a replacement if they really think you deserve one. Many times I see they say no replacements left and then a few on the forum ask for one and gets one long after I've asked. But this is not only me, others said this happen before as well. It is what it is. Can't do anything about it unless we just return it.
I admit this is the best spiderman made so far. Need to see what xm, IA, prime 1 etc can do next.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:35 PM   #2975
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Mine came in a few days ago and just opened him up today. On a quick once over without inspecting it closely he looks fantastic. I didn't know realize how dynamic the pose was and how big he is. I'm really impressed, SS did a great job. It's my favorite spidey by far.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:36 AM   #2976
aa909
The Green Hornet

Well I finally picked one up from a fellow collector. 5th times a charm as I passed on 4 previously due to the documented paint smudges. Very happy with this, and the pose is absolutely stunning, best spiderman IMO

Thanks for looking
Art
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5291.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	364.6 KB
ID:	96961   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5292.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	425.0 KB
ID:	96962   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5293.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	418.7 KB
ID:	96963   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5294.JPG
Size:	355.6 KB
ID:	96964   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5298.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	570.9 KB
ID:	96969  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5299.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	562.7 KB
ID:	96970   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5300.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	519.0 KB
ID:	96971   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5301.JPG
Size:	551.3 KB
ID:	96972  
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:06 AM   #2977
Jerseydevil
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

All all of the new statue recipients wait list folks who converted?
Jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:16 AM   #2978
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
They know it's sold out and why offer a replacement when most will keep it anyways. Makes no sense for them to lose money when they don't have to do it. Most times they have replacements but it depends on how damage your statue is. They will offer a replacement if they really think you deserve one. Many times I see they say no replacements left and then a few on the forum ask for one and gets one long after I've asked. But this is not only me, others said this happen before as well. It is what it is. Can't do anything about it unless we just return it.
I admit this is the best spiderman made so far. Need to see what xm, IA, prime 1 etc can do next.
The reason to offer a replacement is to keep a customer happy and coming back for more. For years I had 8 - 10 statues on PO at any given time. Today it's 1. I have literally passed on dozens of statues as I have had increasing issues with pieces and have sent almost all of them back. I am torn that I kept this one and part of me feels I should have sent it back as well.
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:36 AM   #2979
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
The reason to offer a replacement is to keep a customer happy and coming back for more. For years I had 8 - 10 statues on PO at any given time. Today it's 1. I have literally passed on dozens of statues as I have had increasing issues with pieces and have sent almost all of them back. I am torn that I kept this one and part of me feels I should have sent it back as well.
I agree 100%. For customers who buys so many statues from 3 to 20 a year. I'm always suprise when they decided to not offer the replacement. I'm talking about chips, and breakage. Not even paint flaws, or so called microscope issues. Again they decide and not much anyone can do except suck it in and deal with it sadly. It should not be like this.
But as for the spidey the pose is one of SS best ever. I think they are learning a lot about posing from xm.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:07 AM   #2980
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
"Spider-sense... tingling!"
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote