Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-14-2016, 06:10 PM   #31
hunnipot85
Blue Falcon

I like her from the side more. I still wish they could tone down her hair a bit, both in volume and color.
hunnipot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 06:24 PM   #32
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
I completely agree bigger isn't always better. Personally, I've seen smaller statues of Ivy that I've found more appealing than this one.

It's all good. We all like what we like and I won't hold that against anyone. I was just trying to understand what you were seeing in this piece that made you like it better than Sideshow's.

I can appreciate different spins on classic characters just like Harley and Catwoman before her. Unfortunately, I still can't unsee the similarity to Ms. Pezzini's costume.

I will say I like this one better than their take on Catwoman, though.
I still like Sideshow's a lot, particularly the green variant. They did a really good job with her. But you're right about the cost...this one is gonna be really, really good for the money. I'm already thinking about buying it for my wife. She doesn't really follow my collecting, but she supports it at least. I think if I got her this (which is a character she actually likes and follows), it might get her to be a little more interested in what I like to do, and just maybe, she might wanna collect a little with me.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 06:43 PM   #33
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I still like Sideshow's a lot, particularly the green variant. They did a really good job with her. But you're right about the cost...this one is gonna be really, really good for the money. I'm already thinking about buying it for my wife. She doesn't really follow my collecting, but she supports it at least. I think if I got her this (which is a character she actually likes and follows), it might get her to be a little more interested in what I like to do, and just maybe, she might wanna collect a little with me.
Ah, the truth comes out! It's all an elaborate plan to get the wife hooked on collecting. Well played, sir.

I agree Sideshow nailed the green variant on theirs. As for this one, I think the typical Yamato quality will be there but I'm just not sold on it yet. Maybe some of your good in-hand photos will sway me and I'll pick her up down the line.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:49 AM   #34
fernando2
Fantastic Four

I really liked this piece until I saw the back view. The upper legs fused together just kills the overall quality. That alone will make me turn away from this piece.
fernando2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:22 AM   #35
Weiworks
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Hmm, something about this statue reminds me of Wei Ho work. Still beautiful though
Haha, you got it right! =). I sculpted the face and the body. The hair and base was done by someone else.

Good eye!

Thanks, -Wei
Weiworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 08:04 AM   #36
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiworks View Post
Haha, you got it right! =). I sculpted the face and the body. The hair and base was done by someone else.

Good eye!

Thanks, -Wei
Ha! I thought so
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:16 PM   #37
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm going to wait until we get hands on pictures. Too early to say it's better than sideshows. Cant compare 1/6 to PF really....unfair comparison.
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:40 PM   #38
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Nice news Wei sculpting Poison Ivy.

I like the art work and sculpts of Wei..The face is pretty on Poison IVY but I think it could be remade to be a little better. I think Wei could make Poison Ivy stunning. .. Wei talented, his greek Mythology line and prior figures are some pretty sexy statues.

The eyes and nose reminded me of Athena but the face is a little square.. None of his prior works had a square like face so i didn't think it was Wei's work. . All beautiful faces on Wei's statues... Note..

Any chance the face could be redone on Poison Ivy? A more oval face maybe would make her look more like Luis Royo artwork.
Lady dragon, Phoenix archer,Hera and Aphrodite faces look exceptional good....Wei has Skills...
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:29 PM   #39
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post
Nice news Wei sculpting Poison Ivy.

I like the art work and sculpts of Wei..The face is pretty on Poison IVY but I think it could be remade to be a little better. I think Wei could make Poison Ivy stunning. .. Wei talented, his greek Mythology line and prior figures are some pretty sexy statues.

The eyes and nose reminded me of Athena but the face is a little square.. None of his prior works had a square like face so i didn't think it was Wei's work. . All beautiful faces on Wei's statues... Note..

Any chance the face could be redone on Poison Ivy? A more oval face maybe would make her look more like Luis Royo artwork.
Lady dragon, Phoenix archer,Hera and Aphrodite faces look exceptional good....Wei has Skills...
I don't think you want all the faces to look alike, I've seen girls with more chiseled faces vs the soft round face.. I personally like the verity in the faces.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:18 PM   #40
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Hi Built2shred.. I agree I definitely don't want female faces to look alike. None of Wei faces on his statue look alike. He mixes it up ... It might be me.. I like oval face more.. I'm a batman fan also .. Never seen Poison Ivy drawn this way. I think Wei could make her face sexier.. Look at his previous work.. He's a good artist. I admire his work.. !

Wei has a variety of pretty faces on all his statue, except medusa... lol

He sculpts the female character good. He makes Sexy statues. ..I like his work.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote