Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-27-2017, 06:59 PM   #131
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
If Narin was contracted by XM to produce a predator ,then that predator belongs to XM and not Narin so Narin can't sell anything.
As I said before, it depends on the contract.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:06 PM   #132
dao2
Cyclops

Indeed. That's how it would often go, but it can range to anything from Narin owning the rights to the sculpt (unlikely) to him being given permissions to sell some kits separately (possible). Seriously there isn't a set in stone template ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:52 PM   #133
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I'm not questioning his integrity at all. I'm just wondering out loud if his collaboration with XM would allow him to sell a few of these in kit form? We've seen sideshow produce a run of his bad bloods which also released as a kit before hand.
I think he is a little too busy on the next gigantic project with XM. It's going to be a doozy. Concept should probably be shown at STGCC. This Predator is already finished. The next project seems to be much more ambitious.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:06 PM   #134
Indridcold99
The Avengers

What's everyone's opinion of the statue so far ? I know the pose is a little odd. How do you guys compare it to Sideshows LSFWolf Predator ? This Predator to me kinda has the Dark Horse Comic book feel to it.
Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:29 PM   #135
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indridcold99 View Post
What's everyone's opinion of the statue so far ? I know the pose is a little odd. How do you guys compare it to Sideshows LSFWolf Predator ? This Predator to me kinda has the Dark Horse Comic book feel to it.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:14 AM   #136
Moogled
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Narin is in his own league. I have his Death Warrior and Hellbreed kit and couldn't be happier.
Moogled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:42 AM   #137
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I think he is a little too busy on the next gigantic project with XM. It's going to be a doozy. Concept should probably be shown at STGCC. This Predator is already finished. The next project seems to be much more ambitious.
Interesting....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:42 PM   #138
Indridcold99
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post

Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:34 PM   #139
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indridcold99 View Post
While the pose is exaggerated...I find it fitting with what the Predators do after a hunt and successful kill. The statue is impeccably sculpted and painted and there are quite a bit of extras which is typical of XM statues.

I personally like anything that is not a museum pose like the traditional SS Predators (not taking shots at them...just stating their typical poses). Not saying Predators in a museum pose is bad...its just I like to see creativity and something fresh and dynamic.

We will see the final reveal of Predator at STGCC....but...there are a whole bunch of other things that will be just as impressive there...whether in physical form, unpainted sculpt, or 3d colored render and concepts.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:46 PM   #140
dao2
Cyclops

apparently this is 2199 SGD according to the PO list, roughly $1600 and it's listed at 1/3 scale.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote