Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-16-2019, 10:29 AM   #3781
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormousthumbs View Post
Saw that review. Looking forward to GemMint’s review.
It's up and is great. Ignore the haters.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:30 AM   #3782
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
why don't you guys just let the people who bought it enjoy it for what it is. A beautiful piece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
It is priced high. But so are most statues these days. If you don't want to spend the money, don't buy it.

The pricing may be as high as it is because of the low edition size.

XM pieces with the shipping cost more than this piece. And I like this piece much better. Put him next to the xm magneto and then complain about the price.

I preferred the pricing at $550 for pieces of this size. but everything else has doubled or more. so I'm not that surprised.
Has that ever been the case here? And for that matter should it be? Someone makes a statue, we applaud, or remain quiet. Someone preorders a statue, we applaud or remain quiet. Someone receives a statue, we applaud or remain quiet. That doesn't sound terribly interesting to me. I'm not advocating unkind or destructive behavior, but a lively debate is part of the fun, No? If I'm about to drop $1300 in this hobby on a single piece, please please please, I want to hear the best and the worst from other experienced collectors.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:43 AM   #3783
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
[B]Has that ever been the case here? And for that matter should it be? Someone makes a statue, we applaud, or remain quiet. Someone preorders a statue, we applaud or remain quiet. Someone receives a statue, we applaud or remain quiet. That doesn't sound terribly interesting to me. I'm not advocating unkind or destructive behavior, but a lively debate is part of the fun, No? If I'm about to drop $1300 in this hobby on a single piece, please please please, I want to hear the best and the worst from other experienced collectors.
Well said.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:44 AM   #3784
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
I'd kick myself harder if he wasn't the price of 2-3 1/4 scale statues.
That's fair, but to me it makes sense that he's about twice as much as a regular PF(maybe 1200 would've been easier to swallow) these days since he's twice as big. I mean if we're going to jump all over him for the price let's be honest and compare some reg size PF's, today almost $600 vs $300-350 not too long ago. So yeah, Juggs looks ridiculously priced compared to Bane, Bane looks ridiculously priced compared to Rhino($400 for that beast!).
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:56 AM   #3785
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
That's fair, but to me it makes sense that he's about twice as much as a regular PF(maybe 1200 would've been easier to swallow) these days since he's twice as big. I mean if we're going to jump all over him for the price let's be honest and compare some reg size PF's, today almost $600 vs $300-350 not too long ago. So yeah, Juggs looks ridiculously priced compared to Bane, Bane looks ridiculously priced compared to Rhino($400 for that beast!).
I think Bane came out a little too recently to make this argument. Amount of material used in manufacturing, and size, are certainly components of cost, but that's not the whole story.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:01 AM   #3786
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I will use this double post to give a shout-out to my husband, who I love very much and have been legally bound to for ONE YEAR today. Woot!
Congrats! People are too enthralled in Debates/arguments to notice this post
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:04 AM   #3787
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I will use this double post to give a shout-out to my husband, who I love very much and have been legally bound to for ONE YEAR today. Woot!

LOL. I love your choice of words.
Happy anniversary to you and your hubby. Congrats.

Quote:
[B]

Has that ever been the case here? And for that matter should it be? Someone makes a statue, we applaud, or remain quiet. Someone preorders a statue, we applaud or remain quiet. Someone receives a statue, we applaud or remain quiet. That doesn't sound terribly interesting to me. I'm not advocating unkind or destructive behavior, but a lively debate is part of the fun, No? If I'm about to drop $1300 in this hobby on a single piece, please please please, I want to hear the best and the worst from other experienced collectors.
There's nothing wrong with a good discussion. It just the same people who rinse and repeat that can become tiresome. (not just in this thread and section either)
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:04 AM   #3788
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
[B]

i agree. But I know from experience that usually we are the most animated when we are trying to convince ourselves not to buy something. That's just my experience. In other words, most people commenting negatively really want the piece but just wish it was a bit cheaper. So they are letting their sense of "value" limit their ability to experience utter bliss.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:08 AM   #3789
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
I think Bane came out a little too recently to make this argument. Amount of material used in manufacturing, and size, are certainly components of cost, but that's not the whole story.
Maybe true, but it seems like every year or two the discussion is always the same understandably, why is this new statue that has the same of less detail and size $50-100 more than the one that just came out a year earlier? So yeah it's definitely SS trying to get all the profit they can without destroying the sales and it seems to be working. Maybe someday they'll have some 1/4 Marvel competition in N.A., because I doubt they'd be pricing these so high if P1 was making a 1/4 Juggernaut too.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:12 AM   #3790
Vader
Ghost

if people weren't paying nutty prices on the secondary market, the price wouldn't be here. we've created our own nightmare.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote