Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-29-2019, 07:03 PM   #3981
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Not sure why people are so up in arms with people that dont share the same opinions as you. This hobby would be a boring place if everyone had the same mind set.

Ive also noticed people feel slighted and lash out at others even when a post isn't directed towards a single person. People need to grow a pair in this forum. It's not that serious.
And I'm not sure why people choose to take that "so up in arms with people that don't share the same opinions" angle when that is CLEARLY not what the issue is.

If people have different opinions than me, fine. Great. Share them. It's HOW you share them that is obviously the problem. I never cease to be amazed at how many people online have no interest at all in civil conversation and just want to adopt the "If I yell the loudest people will pay attention to me" mentality. There's no middle ground with these people; everything is either the greatest or worst thing of all time. It's nauseating and exhausting.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "growing a pair" and everything to do with having some standards in regards to how people communicate with each other. If you're someone who sees no issue at all with people communicating like immature douchebags, good for you. Enjoy it. I personally have no interest in seeing it because people like that add NOTHING to conversation other than aggravation and eye rolling. They don't deserve attention, they deserve to be ignored. If you want to be treated like an adult, act like one. And if you don't care about being treated like an adult, then I don't care to interact with you. I have no interest in giving 7 year olds the satisfaction of the attention they so clearly, sadly crave.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:50 PM   #3982
House

I was going to post something, but then I remembered id rather make use of my time otherwise.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:05 PM   #3983
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
You in a cave man, 5-6 years from now, no ones going to have real statues.

We are going to have hologram pods that solidify to make it look like a statue man. You gonna be all "i'll trade you 5 of my PF's for one pod buddy", so you can take it back to your cave............
Haha! I like it
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:06 PM   #3984
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:10 PM   #3985
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
You got the basic gist of it. With so many statues coming out every year, people will offload for the next best thing. And they dont care how much they lose. Theyll sell off on impulse just to make some quick funds to fund that next purchase. Which I will never get. Either these people are rich and can afford to lose hundreds of dollars. Or your regular schmoe just likes to waste money. I say the latter. Some of these people dont value their collection, calling it just toys. Yet they sunk about $50k-$100k or more into it, like it was nothing.
This is good stuff. Better than college.
I do appreciate the economics of the statue game
Old 10-29-2019, 10:18 PM   #3986
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

double.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:18 PM   #3987
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

I think most people here lie.

I don't see this glut that everyone else proposes. The sky is not falling, I wouldn't have purchased the new pieces I have in the past year if it weren't for the sales on eBay. People do lose interest in things, it happens. I have my transformers from when I was in the 5th grade, I don't think I've kept stuff longer than that. I don't think that's normal.. but whatever.

People are free to do what they please with what they purchase, so long as it doesn't incite violence towards others.

eBay sales are pretty steady btw. all my last 20 purchases were financed by the sale of pieces I no longer have an interest in. It wasnt hard to sell it off..
Old 10-29-2019, 10:19 PM   #3988
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
And I'm not sure why people choose to take that "so up in arms with people that don't share the same opinions" angle when that is CLEARLY not what the issue is.

If people have different opinions than me, fine. Great. Share them. It's HOW you share them that is obviously the problem. I never cease to be amazed at how many people online have no interest at all in civil conversation and just want to adopt the "If I yell the loudest people will pay attention to me" mentality. There's no middle ground with these people; everything is either the greatest or worst thing of all time. It's nauseating and exhausting.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "growing a pair" and everything to do with having some standards in regards to how people communicate with each other. If you're someone who sees no issue at all with people communicating like immature douchebags, good for you. Enjoy it. I personally have no interest in seeing it because people like that add NOTHING to conversation other than aggravation and eye rolling. They don't deserve attention, they deserve to be ignored. If you want to be treated like an adult, act like one. And if you don't care about being treated like an adult, then I don't care to interact with you. I have no interest in giving 7 year olds the satisfaction of the attention they so clearly, sadly crave.
Your not having any fun MYA ...lol
That makes me sad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	94A92FA7-B8E5-4076-8AC1-6839F11DDADF.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	126641  
Old 10-29-2019, 10:46 PM   #3989
mva5580

6 ignored messages from 2 of the biggest tools on the site after my last post. Why am I not surprised.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:07 PM   #3990
Biggunz
Loki

Gs