Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-26-2022, 09:47 AM   #1691
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Catwoman just slunk-in, & is lounging about. A couple of firsts for me, as it's the first gal purchase, & my first Tweeterhead. Here's my take.

The art direction/concept, pose, base, and vibe are all as near perfect for this, or any character, as I've had the pleasure of seeing. Beautiful lines and form (perfect), from base to butt, that reclining pose oozes something truly special, with a lifelike vibe rarely experienced. The simplicity of perfection.

As for the portrait? Excellent, but we have lost a little of Michelle to production.

Mainly the eyeliner/eye shadow have both been toned down, reducing the effect of "framing" those beautiful eyes, slightly reducing the piercing effect.

The eye brows have also been rounded, as opposed to being more arched/angular(think Spock), which softens the portrait, reducing that delicious mischievous iconic look the proto captured perfectly.

Finally, the lips have somehow been filled-in a little too much horizontally, which reduces the effect of those famously wicked pursed lips!

All this aside, this is one of the best statues I now own, where the simple purity of sculpting has been captured perfectly. Well done Tweeterhead!

Now the wait for a classic Bats to go with all these rogues.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 10:31 PM   #1692
pdenham
Teen Titans

It's a beauty all right.

I have no affection for the film, but I loved Pfeiffer in it, and I've long loved good cheesecake art. Something about a beautiful actress cosplaying in a comic book costume really hits my sweet spot.
It was an impulse purchase I probably shouldn't have made (because of it's particular display requirements), but that I can't regret cause it looks so damn sharp.

Unfortunately I didn't have the thing out of the stryo more than three minutes when I promptly broke one of the fingers trying to seat it
Still need to glue it back.

But yeah, congratulations on getting it.
Even with the slight downgrade in production paint, it's still a high water mark for a celebrity-based piece IMO.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 06:41 AM   #1693
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
It's a beauty all right.

I have no affection for the film, but I loved Pfeiffer in it, and I've long loved good cheesecake art. Something about a beautiful actress cosplaying in a comic book costume really hits my sweet spot.
It was an impulse purchase I probably shouldn't have made (because of it's particular display requirements), but that I can't regret cause it looks so damn sharp.

Unfortunately I didn't have the thing out of the stryo more than three minutes when I promptly broke one of the fingers trying to seat it
Still need to glue it back.

But yeah, congratulations on getting it.
Even with the slight downgrade in production paint, it's still a high water mark for a celebrity-based piece IMO.

Yeah, I don't usually collect movie characters, but the film was a hoot, & Michelle even more over the top, so resistance was weak.

And though we lost some of "that" portrait, the lines on this thing are so good, (even the negative spaces surrounding the figure are stunning!), that the level of execution makes this a must for any fan of this character. This recline is sublime, no doubt.

P.S. Did you first assemble the figure before seating her(?), causing a finger snap? As all assembly vids I've seen show folks seating the figure in first, & then applying the hands,...........gently.

It's happened to all of us. Take your bloody eye off the ball, & you end-up snapping a finger, or injuring a paw. Lucky for us, this cat truly has nine lives to give. Great sculpt.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 07:58 PM   #1694
Kamxam
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Broke down and ordered this. Always loved MP ever since Ladyhawke.
Kamxam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 07:28 PM   #1695
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Another Hell Here poster has arrived, if anyone is still looking.

$60 for 24x36, on sale tomorrow at Bottleneck Gallery.

saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 11:48 AM   #1696
AlexLothos

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post

Thanks for the head's up. Something to consider...
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 12:01 PM   #1697
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post

The cutout glass (?) effect isn't working for me at all. Looks like the zoom function for pics on a website.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 02:21 PM   #1698
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Yeah I first thought it looked great but then saw too many flaws
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 06:46 PM   #1699
saberhagen

I don't love it either, but I also have two other Pfeiffer Catwoman prints including one from this artist.

Did anyone else end up picking up a neon/LED sign?
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 12:00 PM   #1700
Pharmer
The Herculoids

https://seconds.sideshow.com/collect...559?var=906559
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote