Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 02-11-2016, 05:58 PM   #11
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I sent then an email just now... Fingers crossed.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:05 PM   #12
dao2
Cyclops

If not I think it would be a relatively easy thing for a customizer to do if you could find one ><
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:12 PM   #13
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

The paint job on this is comparable to a 6" McFarlane figure.....just to be clear, on a 1/4 scale, that's not a good thing!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:07 PM   #14
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

hmmmm, I really hope the ARH statues I have on Pre-Order come out painted better than this.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:40 PM   #15
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
There is nothing worse than waiting for something forever and then when it comes in you are totally disappointed with it... That's what I'm dealing with now.

Just got the Queen of Vampires in today... So I'm putting the base all together... Fitting the pieces in and the bats... It's coming along well and I'm saving the best part for last... The Queen herself. Something told me I was making a mistake, but I figured if something was wrong with her, I could just send that part back and wouldn't need to pack the whole thing back up...

I pull out the Queen and her chest pieces are attached, as in part of the sculpt... Are you serious? ARH's hallmark is magnetic pasties. I go to look at the model on the site because I'm almost certain I saw her without the metal pasties... No, just some side shots that look like she didn't have them on from the angle it was at. Why Arahom? Why make the first in the series with a removable top, the third in the series with a removable top and a fully displayed vagina... But the second has nothing. This is utterly disappointing.

And on top of that, there is no post to secure the figure on the base... Not that she is unstable, but I'm used to the pieces being posted to the base. Though not a big deal in itself, added to the other issue it just agrivates my opinion of this statue and the short cuts that were taken with it.

It's really a shame because the statue has an awesome face... Much better in person than on the website and the over-all design of the pose and the base is well done. But honestly, that makes it even worse... Like it could have been an awesome statue, instead of just crap.

Now, I have some choices... Live with the statue I think is crap, return it to ARH and lose $50 in shipping and probably another $50 to ship it back, or try to dump it on eBay or something. The last two requiring that I now take this thing all apart, rewrap it and stuff it back in its box for shipping.

I don't know if I am more mad with ARH for producing this disappointment or more mad at myself for not asking more questions when I ordered. I think right now that's leaning toward ARH...
No offense dude but you lost me at fully displayed vagina. Why would anyone want to display a statue with a vagina showing. That's a little much for me...
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:46 PM   #16
ukshaun
Hercules

The statue looks ok to me.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:55 PM   #17
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Hulk View Post
No offense dude but you lost me at fully displayed vagina. Why would anyone want to display a statue with a vagina showing. That's a little much for me...
I didn't even notice that before, then again I didn't really have an interest in the statue so didn't look at it much. But sure enough, there it is!
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:20 PM   #18
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Hulk View Post
Yeah, it is a little much. But that's sort of ARH's nitch. They make topless and now bottomless statues. And they do it well and at a scale no one else has them in. The real genius comes in with the magnetic clothes. S you can effect have a nude to semi nude statue but covered up when it's not appropriate to be seen like that. If you don't like the nudity, there are a ton of other companies making fully clothes statues. If you do like nudity, ARH is one of, and probably the best option out there...
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:39 PM   #19
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
The paint job on this is comparable to a 6" McFarlane figure.....just to be clear, on a 1/4 scale, that's not a good thing!
yep.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:34 PM   #20
qz33
Doctor Doom

Hope the new 1:3 Arkhalla Seduction is painted better than this.

Ehren's sculpts are so good maybe they should sell unpainted kits.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote