Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-31-2020, 10:07 AM   #561
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I got my Katana Bombshells yesterday. I let it acclimate inside a few hours since it had been sitting outside in the cold. It still wouldn't go into the base. I had to use a blow dryer to heat up the long part of her dress that drapes over the edge of the base before I could get her to fit without fear of snapping the dress. After a while I finally got it to fit correctly. She looks amazing! I need to take some pics.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:16 AM   #562
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I got my Katana Bombshells yesterday. I let it acclimate inside a few hours since it had been sitting outside in the cold. It still wouldn't go into the base. I had to use a blow dryer to heat up the long part of her dress that drapes over the edge of the base before I could get her to fit without fear of snapping the dress. After a while I finally got it to fit correctly. She looks amazing! I need to take some pics.
I do not know how often someone has to take a hair dryer to the statue to get it to fit in the base but I wonder if this needs to be done more often than people realize. It does seem to work though.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:25 AM   #563
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I try to let any new statue sit for a while in climate controlled setting, but still some can be a bit tricky to get slotted in.

Katana is a great piece, glad you got her.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:33 PM   #564
Gothamite
Phoenix

Mini Batman vs Killer Croc, $66
https://www.amazon.com/DC-Collectibl...dp/B07N8Z1JFM/
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:45 AM   #565
jimjimmyjones85
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I have the original of this one and it is really a great piece.
jimjimmyjones85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:07 PM   #566
Gothamite
Phoenix

SHAZAM!
https://www.amazon.com/DC-Bombshells...dp/B07RKG65FL/

Old 02-04-2020, 12:57 AM   #567
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Thanks for the info, but...
now I'm a bit peeved! We all crave discounts, but when they start showing up this dramatically and so soon after initial release then I have to start wondering if I shouldn't just wait out almost EVERYTHING. I accept the fact that products get reduced after a while, but THIS soon???!!?? If this becomes the new normal then I suspect my brick and mortar shopping, and purchases overall, may be diminishing (along with my initial exuberance). In the back of my mind I can't help fearing that when Amazon takes out all of the competition, what will keep them honest with no natural predators around? Probably nothing. Monopolies are problematic for a reason. Trust me, I've harbored this opinion for many years preceding this moment. (Just like with Wally Mart
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 01:17 AM   #568
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
now I'm a bit peeved! We all crave discounts, but when they start showing up this dramatically and so soon after initial release then I have to start wondering if I shouldn't just wait out almost EVERYTHING. I accept the fact that products get reduced after a while, but THIS soon???!!?? If this becomes the new normal then I suspect my brick and mortar shopping, and purchases overall, may be diminishing (along with my initial exuberance). In the back of my mind I can't help fearing that when Amazon takes out all of the competition, what will keep them honest with no natural predators around? Probably nothing. Monopolies are problematic for a reason. Trust me, I've harbored this opinion for many years preceding this moment. (Just like with Wally Mart
I may've been the only person who saw that price live (just like I was the only person who saw the Artgerm Supergirl for $80, lol). The vendor who listed it for $78, Hubbub, has already raised the price to the $100 range.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:35 AM   #569
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
After buying the Supergirl and Batgirl Celebration Bombshells I am all on board for waiting it out. DC products and a some of the Marvel lines seem to take a dive in price pretty quickly after release now.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:24 AM   #570
Gothamite
Phoenix

Bombshells Death, $77
https://www.amazon.com/DC-Collectibl...dp/B07RG6H5T3/