Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-10-2018, 02:35 AM   #1811
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It's speculation based on past statues that have had issues with structural designs, it's not like this is the first statue that SS has done that has had problems..

Although my understanding is once it's given to the factory, the factory does their own engineering. I'm not sure if that's good or bad...

Yea, you're right ...SSC has had problems before, but that doesn't really help us here. We all agree on one thing ...the Rogue PF prototype broke. The conversation was about how and when it broke because people were speculating it broke on its own or it broke because of human error. In either case, these speculations have no truth to support them ...SSC hasn't shared how and when she broke.

According to SSC at SDCC18 ...SSC does have a say on the support structure for the production piece.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:43 AM   #1812
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Top arrow is pointing down at her head and lower arrow at her extended leg and saw blade in between both arrows. 😀

I can barely make out the saw blade with your red arrows. Damn, that is one crappy pic.

Nonetheless, it was already said that this pic was taken during set up time ...and not during the show when it was open to the general public. It still doesn't give us an idea of how she broke. I don't think we'll ever know unless SSC comes out and share that bit of information.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:47 AM   #1813
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
1000 ex
Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
Not bad ES. Though I expect her to be around Emma and Mystique ES. I thought that would be the ES range for the X-Ladies.
Yup, agree ...that's not a bad ES for the EX.

Unfortunately there's still the concern about the support structure for the production piece.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:53 AM   #1814
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
I hope that Disaster Rogue encountered in NYCC would be a wake up call to SS to take Rogue "engineering" seriously, and make sure it won't happen again..

Exactly. SSC should take this as evidence that they need to seriously engineer the support structure for the production piece. No joke, they need to do their due diligence on this statue.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:55 AM   #1815
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
Other than X-23, I'll be waiting until some of these x-ladies (if any) go to Waitlist before re-considering a PO. Not worth tying up the NRD when there are structural concerns and I'm sure any Waitlist on any of these would convert.

Yea, good points. X-23 would be my only immediate PO as well.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:36 AM   #1816
gearhead
The Herculoids

First a comment then a question:

I'm not sure why the fact that the proto broke is such a surprise, or such a big deal to everyone. It's been made clear that protos are very fragile and this one is particularly precarious. After multiple shippings and set ups and all the handling that goes with, I'm not at all surprised it broke, even if from it's own weight. Now, I can understand the concern for the long term integrity of this piece, but the fact that the proto broke has no bearing on all the concerns already expressed for the production piece. I won't be getting this piece because of cost, but if I was I wouldn't be overly concerned about it. SS doesn't want a bunch of broken Rogues any more than we do. They did a good job with the last Spiderman PF and I would expect the same result here.

Now the question. Given the concern for this piece, would you rather have it made of polystone and have an additional attachment point at her leg (if necessary) as some have suggested, or would you rather keep the design and have a mix of materials to lighten the load?

Personally, I'd rather they use whatever materials necessary to keep the really cool floating design. As long as the detail and paint are maintained I don't care.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:32 PM   #1817
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Sadly ss never does recalls if there’s a flaw. They just ship it out. I do t see this changing at all. But on the bright side the statues will be fine until a year or two. Then it’s not thier problem anymore like my psylocke with the crack paint, and spider-woman than lean down to the floor just about. Etc..I still never seen them recall anything before going forward.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:54 PM   #1818
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
First a comment then a question:

I'm not sure why the fact that the proto broke is such a surprise, or such a big deal to everyone. It's been made clear that protos are very fragile and this one is particularly precarious. After multiple shippings and set ups and all the handling that goes with, I'm not at all surprised it broke, even if from it's own weight. Now, I can understand the concern for the long term integrity of this piece, but the fact that the proto broke has no bearing on all the concerns already expressed for the production piece. I won't be getting this piece because of cost, but if I was I wouldn't be overly concerned about it. SS doesn't want a bunch of broken Rogues any more than we do. They did a good job with the last Spiderman PF and I would expect the same result here.

Now the question. Given the concern for this piece, would you rather have it made of polystone and have an additional attachment point at her leg (if necessary) as some have suggested, or would you rather keep the design and have a mix of materials to lighten the load?

Personally, I'd rather they use whatever materials necessary to keep the really cool floating design. As long as the detail and paint are maintained I don't care.
Though her stability is one of the main concerns in this particular statue, Rogue was a day 1 P.O. for me. I loved this statue, She's my no.1 among the X-ladies. There was never a moment where-in I have changed my mind about ordering her, regardless of the negative comments about her face, She is beautiful in my eyes and that's all that matters.

Now regarding your question, I prefer Her to be in polystone, Like what you said if they manage to do it on their previous SS PF, They can do it again with SS Rogue, but they need to "seriously take note of what happened to her in NYCC" If she will be made of vinyl to lighten the load, my concern about vinyl statues is that sometimes it gets sticky especially on tropical countries like mine.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:59 PM   #1819
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Bowen managed to do an awesome Rogue flight pose with only a rod on her knee and so far mine has no leaning issues after so many years. Though it is only a small and light statue but my point is it, it is possible to do a flying pose as long as it is done and engineered correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rogue_St11.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	117939  
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:07 PM   #1820
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

If they were to completely make the figure out of vinyl, it would be seconds before I cancelled my preorder.

If it were a mix and match of materials, but overall the figure still had a bit of weight to it, I'll be okay with it.

My concern with this piece, over other floating etc pieces, is that the centre of gravity / weight distribution is completely different with this Rogue piece, given that the attachment point is the arm rather then a point more or less directly below the figure.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote