Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-30-2019, 03:54 PM   #1
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Selling comics

Do any of you have any luck selling comics online or in forums? I am curious about selling allot of my comics but wanted to see how many of you get this done outside of Ebay or maybe statue forums.
When I say comics it could be from any format like TPBS, Omnis, singles, etc.

Thanks!
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:25 PM   #2
grphyx1
Kingpin

Good luck with that. I unloaded my massive collection over 9 years ago and I had to work with someone that does the convention circuit. To move anything relatively modern (80's - present) you practically have to give it away. One suggestion is doing the series in a group....say for instance a particular storyline.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:36 PM   #3
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Good luck with that. I unloaded my massive collection over 9 years ago and I had to work with someone that does the convention circuit. To move anything relatively modern (80's - present) you practically have to give it away. One suggestion is doing the series in a group....say for instance a particular storyline.
Unfortunately some of my stuff is more modern and when I say modern I am talking Mike Allred's Madman and Jonathan Hickman's run on fantastic 4 lol. Luckily though I only have maybe 4-5 sets of comics I am willing to off load just to reduce clutter in my one long box, but still i'd love to at least get close to cover price here and there.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:01 PM   #4
nearmint
Phoenix

You could join the CGC message boards. They have an excellent marketplace for selling, and a section for Copper/Modern Age only. Just make sure you read the posted rules before starting a thread. New members that don't get slapped down pretty quick. I've been selling there for years.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:08 PM   #5
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Yeah, I considered unloading some of mine from the 90s and was told pennies per comic for them. I just buy what I enjoy and figure give away old stuff I don't want anymore to a fan.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:37 PM   #6
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
Unfortunately some of my stuff is more modern and when I say modern I am talking Mike Allred's Madman and Jonathan Hickman's run on fantastic 4 lol. Luckily though I only have maybe 4-5 sets of comics I am willing to off load just to reduce clutter in my one long box, but still i'd love to at least get close to cover price here and there.
Problem is that comics shops are trying to unload the same inventory as you are.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:58 AM   #7
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Chances of getting close to cover price on modern stuff is going to be slim and none unless its some variant people are looking for.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote