Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-11-2006, 03:58 AM   #21
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Here's a prime example of Captain America's fighting style when compared to another formally trained opponent. Iron Fist remarks that Cap's technique is basic, but because of the strength and speed of the moves, Cap is more than a match for him.

Operation Rebirth took place in 1940 and following combat training, Cap went into action sometime thereafter. Now as I see it, this gave him at most a full year of formal training during which he has to learn to use his shield, martial arts, and military doctrine. He simply could not have had the extensive fighting training that Bats had. However, he did then take this training and put it into practice during wartime. As good as Bats is, he never had to face the Wehrmacht.

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:00 AM   #22
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Old 11-11-2006, 04:27 AM   #23
Pogo4321
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

So, if we go by this it isn't Cap's fighting skill that makes him dangerous, rather it's his skill combined with his superpowers-- the supersoldier serum--which is the way Miller portrayed him (brilliantly I might add) in Daredevil: Born Again. So uneven playing field here I think, cuz no matter how you cut it Batman is still basically human. Give Bruce the Supersoldier serum and Steve hasn't got a prayer.

Tet, thanks for putting that up. Have you scanned your entire collection into your computer?
Pogo4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:30 AM   #24
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

No, but I've got about 100 Gig worth of storage dedicated to comic images.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:53 AM   #25
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo4321 View Post
So, if we go by this it isn't Cap's fighting skill that makes him dangerous, rather it's his skill combined with his superpowers-- the supersoldier serum--which is the way Miller portrayed him (brilliantly I might add) in Daredevil: Born Again. So uneven playing field here I think, cuz no matter how you cut it Batman is still basically human. Give Bruce the Supersoldier serum and Steve hasn't got a prayer.

Tet, thanks for putting that up. Have you scanned your entire collection into your computer?
????
So now you're saying Cap wins?
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:48 AM   #26
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #27
deaconbluezzz
Luke Cage

I'd go with Cap too.

I'm not going to get into this reason or that, but I will say that the Super-Soldier serum puts Cap at 100% of peak human condition. Batman, for all his training and abilities, could never reach that point.

Sure Batman's sneaky, but do you think Cap's never faced sneaky before?
deaconbluezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:51 AM   #28
bat_collector
Galactus

I'm sorry, batman can find a way to beat anyone. I'm not sure why cap is somehow the exception.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:10 PM   #29
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I give Cap the edge even in an urban environment, as Batman concedes in the image Tet posted.
I disagree WKTF. Being the intellligent and logical hero that he is, Batman merely states that its conceivable that Cap could beat him, meaning the possibility exists. Its also conceivable that the Joker could beat Batman with a dead fish, but it aint gonna happen.

Solid arguments all the way around. But the win at all costs approach of the Batman wins out. Though it would be a tough, and looooooong fight.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:18 PM   #30
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

I will say that the longer the fight goes, Cap's chances increase...with the SuperSoldier serum coursing through his veins, fatigue is less of an issue for Steve Rogers.

Batman is ahead in skills and cunning, Steve in strength and endurance. Brains always beats brawn. Theres no way around that.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote