Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 05-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #141
Jesse321
Galactus

2nd row, third from left.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #142
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #143
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Any UK based painters bought these paints yet? Id love to buy some but worried it'll cost more than the paint in import duty.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #144
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I'm from France and I've made 2 orders in 3 months.

Shipping is a bit expensive but these paints are amazing. Well worth it! Oh and acrylic chrome is the best I've ever tried. I've had better results with it than with alclad lol
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #145
Jesse321
Galactus

Just remember, you have to seal the Acrylic Chrome, but I'm glad you're liking it.

John F. (Vince-Vell) has been experimenting with adding color to the AC, he has some videos of it posted over at GarageKits.US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Any UK based painters bought these paints yet? Id love to buy some but worried it'll cost more than the paint in import duty.
I have several clients in the UK, France, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, even 1 in Luxembourg, as well as Australia and all over South America.

The trick with overseas shipping, is to take full advantage of the Flat Rate Box capabilities ... a Small Flat Rate Box fits 12 to 13 bottles and is usually around 16 to 22 dollars (depending on the country of delivery, to the UK it's 25.00). If you order only 4 or 5, then you're wasting your money. The rick is to order as many paints as it takes to fill the box, even if its with colors you have, but use a lot of.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #146
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
I use Flat Rate Boxes for shipping overseas, and each box only fits so many bottles ... it's not the same rate if you order 10 or 30.

10 bottles fit into a small Flat Rate Box for which you'll be charged $25.00.

Anything from 11 to 45 bottles which fits into a Medium Flat Rate Box you get charged the MFRB fee which is $60.00.

Anything above that it's $80.00.

Unfortunately, I don't make the rates for the USPS (frankly their overseas rates are KILLING my and everyone elses overseas business), and because of Paypal rules, I have to use an online trackable method of shipment which means Priority Shipping.

I actually have a couple of guys that come to Wonderfest each year from Australia and Germany that buy a ton of paint each year to take back home with them.

This year after Wonderfest I'm going to be talking to a couple of guys that want to be distributors in France and the UK ... I think that will make it easier.

I ship first class all the time overseas and as long as you use the online labels they are trackable as well...and for a lot less. Just no insurance is available
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #147
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
I ship first class all the time overseas and as long as you use the online labels they are trackable as well...and for a lot less. Just no insurance is available
First Class only gives you tracking up to the point that it leaves the US, Priority gives your confirmation of delivery, which at the end of the day is what will make or break a chargeback with Paypal.