Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-17-2018, 08:55 PM   #441
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
So we're one episode away from season 4's finale. I was reading on the Gotham thread complaints about how these super-hero shows are just running too many eps. a season, watering down the core-plot with just a bunch of crappy filler & I couldn't agree more, especially with The Flash. The Thinker's been a great villain this season & if only the show had stayed focused on just him & his wife, this season could have been just fine. The opening scene of this week's show, showing a fight between the Thinker & a heavily fortified govt. supers-prison was amazing! A great 7 minutes of The Flash. but then .... we had all the other stuff which just bogged down the show. This season will go down as probably the worst so far, but it didn't have to be.

I think they can still do 20+ episodes each season but what they need to do is break the season into 2 story arcs, have episodes 1-10 be it's own story arc and then 11-20 can be an all new story arc, this would eliminate all the filler episodes...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:26 PM   #442
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think they can still do 20+ episodes each season but what they need to do is break the season into 2 story arcs, have episodes 1-10 be it's own story arc and then 11-20 can be an all new story arc, this would eliminate all the filler episodes...
This would indeed solve it all, as would, even, 2-3 episode arcs, which would be fun if semi-serious & much more akin to what makes the comics work so well. Why in the world can show-runners, who are paid thousands & thousands of dollars to plan seasons, can't seem to figure this out?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:44 AM   #443
abarron
Batman

Just finished the series last night

Think i'm getting a bit DCU fatigue. Some more of the same as the last 3 seasons with some nice touches but slowly this is getting a bit dull
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:30 PM   #444
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarron View Post
Just finished the series last night

Think i'm getting a bit DCU fatigue. Some more of the same as the last 3 seasons with some nice touches but slowly this is getting a bit dull
Funnily enough I was starting to think this. I'm finishing the latest season's of Flash and Arrow just because I want to know how they end and then I think I'm done with them, Legends and Supergirl.

There are too many other things i'd rather invest the time in.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:50 PM   #445
built2shred
Phoenix

All those DC shows use the same story formula so it's probably why people are starting to get burnt out on them...

I've also noticed lately the writing is going in a direction to try an attract female viewers, if you notice it's all girl power lately and the guys are just a bunch of dopes that can't do anything right without females telling them what to do.... Especially on Flash... Seems like everything is about feelings and emotions.... screw that give me some hardcore action !!!!
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:29 AM   #446
protector2814
Phoenix

Last night's 100th episode (What's Past Is Prologue) was very good, especially since it dealt w/ a lot of heavy time-travel situations. Every now & then, a new season episode will "right the ship" & last night's ep. did it for me. Some really fun "past" characters & seeing the crossover teaser for the 3-ep.-arc which starts Sunday was fantastic. Can't wait. Reminds me of how much I miss 1st season Wells.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:42 PM   #447
Gothamite
Phoenix

Tonight's episode is kinda inspired by Inception (memory within a memory).
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:14 AM   #448
protector2814
Phoenix

I'm still watching this show & have actually enjoyed this season. The episodes still play out, more-or-less, like an issue of a comic book. Last night's episode had the inner geek in me completely freak out. For those of you that happen to read comics catch the line, when Eobard Thawne said to XS (the Flash' daughter)

"I've been charting this timeline since Anthro, The First Boy to Kamandi, The Last."

Wow, what a reference & it proves to me that someone on the writing staff is a true comic book reader.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:38 AM   #449
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

That line got my attention as well.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:47 AM   #450
protector2814
Phoenix

A Kamandi series on the CW could really work too. & now we know he exists in that universe. Or maybe even have the Flash time-travel to Kamandi's ruined-word in an episode.