Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 01-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #51
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
The studio is no more, sucks being in limbo before a move not doing any hobby work!!!

wow - quite different than I am used to seeing your setup John!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #52
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
A peek into the mad scientist's laboratory. I hope you'll get it setup in no time, John.
Thought i had more stuff but it all fit into what you see. Just a pile of resin parts but thats about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
wow - quite different than I am used to seeing your setup John!
Sadly i had to clean the walls a bit, to much paint dust on them. New place may be a bigger work space and be able to work out a tent better for air brushing. Think there is a window there too.

Now ill be able to paint and not worry about getting my brother high having my own place!!!
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #53
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thought i had more stuff but it all fit into what you see. Just a pile of resin parts but thats about it.

Sadly i had to clean the walls a bit, to much paint dust on them. New place may be a bigger work space and be able to work out a tent better for air brushing. Think there is a window there too.

Now ill be able to paint and not worry about getting my brother high having my own place!!!
hope to check out the new digs some time ... how far from your current place? Your bro moving out also?

CAF
Old 01-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #54
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
hope to check out the new digs some time ... how far from your current place? Your bro moving out also?
hour away from where i am now, closer to AC.

Ya hes out end of february, gonna try to find a small place for himself. My boss wanted me down at the new office asap so he helped with the first months rent. So i wasnt driving a hour to work and back coming to work late since i do everything.

Hitting home depot as soon as i get down there to get some plastic shelves since im not taking the wooden ones i had. Cant really destroy the walls so some cheap $40 shelves will work for what i need.

Been looking at everyones set up and gave me some ideas.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #55
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
hour away from where i am now, closer to AC.

Ya hes out end of february, gonna try to find a small place for himself. My boss wanted me down at the new office asap so he helped with the first months rent. So i wasnt driving a hour to work and back coming to work late since i do everything.

Hitting home depot as soon as i get down there to get some plastic shelves since im not taking the wooden ones i had. Cant really destroy the walls so some cheap $40 shelves will work for what i need.

Been looking at everyones set up and gave me some ideas.
That's cool that he is helping you out with rent. An hour isn't too bad either.Can't wait to see the new setup

CAF
Old 01-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #56
Jesse321
Galactus

After almost 18 straight hours of reorganizing, I can finally show where I paint my stuff.

Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #57
skorpsta
Ghost

VERY NICE JESSE!!...as of me..all my supplies are neatly organize in my collecting room..but when i airbrush i airbrush in the kitched in my testors air brush booth to suck up the mist..hand and file sanding is done in the kitchen when using the dremel sometimes inside some times out side..i prime figures outside..had brush painting, gluing, pinning, and aves sculpt wre done in my collecting room on my drafting table..would love to have a room where i can just walk inand have access to all my suppleis...someday...but this is nice..jesse
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #58
Jesse321
Galactus

This is what comes from being a TOTALLY anal retentive, Type-A personality ... even Eric was amazed that separated all the paints by brand and put each of them in Roy G. Biv order.

I can airbrush in the shop, the fumes go out the door into the garage thanks to a fan that goes under the desk, and I have both an inflow and an outflow for overly hot summer days.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #59
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Just need to build a wood table to get inside my airbrush tent and organize my shelves and i should be up and running in a week.

Man moving sucks!!!
Old 01-30-2011, 07:34 PM   #60
skorpsta
Ghost

Quote:
Just need to build a wood table to get inside my airbrush tent and organize my shelves and i should be up and running in a week.

Man moving sucks!!!
it sure does...try moving 177 statues...and about 38 of them were resin kits..that had to be tissue stuff and bubble wrapp..packed in packing pnuts in a box..i did this all by my self....and...up and down 3 flights of steps...then 2 flights in the new place...my 10 showcases i had to pay movers..yes to me moving and packing to move is the closest thing to death!
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote