Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

» Spotlight
DGK Diamond Select Premier Wolverine Statue DGK Prime 1 Kong Vs Skull Crawler DGK First 4 Figures Ornstein Exclusive Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2015, 11:10 AM   #11
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
 
Valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,120
She might not stick out too much at 1/3 since she's crouching. Might get a better idea of her overall size at the show. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far too.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 02:01 PM   #12
Silverine
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.
 
Silverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
She might not stick out too much at 1/3 since she's crouching. Might get a better idea of her overall size at the show. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far too.
well the picture with Arahom in it gives me a good idee how big she is:P
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 02:52 PM   #13
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
 
Valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
well the picture with Arahom in it gives me a good idee how big she is:P
Yes, Arahom's pic gives me a good idea too but I meant relative to some of their 1/4 scales. She may be displayed with those at the show to give me a better idea how she'd fit in with some of their other pieces. Because she's crouching she may not stick out as much if displayed with their 1/4 scales. That's the only point I was making. At the very least, the crouching pose will make her easier to display in a cabinet I think. Won't know til we get some measurements.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:30 PM   #14
dechirico7
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
dechirico7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 16,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Looks amazing! But, would I want a statue based on a totally unknown character, just because she looks uber hot? The sculpt looks great, but not one statue from ARH had a good paint job if you ask me. Just looks way too cartoony an amateurish. And lastly 1:3 scale? Sure why not but at what cost? 700-900$? Plus their RIDICULOUSLY huge shipping cost (180$ for Frazetta Conan) then add 20+ percent taxes,duty,handling fee aaaaaaaaand it seems like I'm going to have to pass. Even if I like her a lot. But damn, if that statue doesn't looks promising!
I agree. They are decent, but could definitely be more refined in the paint area. My Cleopatra was pretty basic, but that is an old piece.

The sculpts are great, especially when Ehren and Alex Pereira do them.

I'd like them to grow beyond titty statues. That seems to be what they like to focus on now. Get past the pasties and do some lovely, rich draping fabric. I think something like that would have made this piece a bit more classy and appealing to a wider range of collectors. They should consider a variant.

Really loving that pose though.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:07 PM   #15
dao2
Usagi Yojimbo
 
dao2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I agree. They are decent, but could definitely be more refined in the paint area. My Cleopatra was pretty basic, but that is an old piece.

The sculpts are great, especially when Ehren and Alex Pereira do them.

I'd like them to grow beyond titty statues. That seems to be what they like to focus on now. Get past the pasties and do some lovely, rich draping fabric. I think something like that would have made this piece a bit more classy and appealing to a wider range of collectors. They should consider a variant.

Really loving that pose though.
it's probably what makes them money :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #16
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
 
Valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I agree. They are decent, but could definitely be more refined in the paint area. My Cleopatra was pretty basic, but that is an old piece.

The sculpts are great, especially when Ehren and Alex Pereira do them.

I'd like them to grow beyond titty statues. That seems to be what they like to focus on now. Get past the pasties and do some lovely, rich draping fabric. I think something like that would have made this piece a bit more classy and appealing to a wider range of collectors. They should consider a variant.

Really loving that pose though.
I'm not so sure that's necessarily their focus. I feel they have a pretty good variety. They're still doing many statues based on gods, heroes, and then there's the whole Frazetta line which aren't all "titty" statues.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:30 PM   #17
dechirico7
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
dechirico7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 16,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
I'm not so sure that's necessarily their focus. I feel they have a pretty good variety. They're still doing many statues based on gods, heroes, and then there's the whole Frazetta line which aren't all "titty" statues.
When it comes to the female pieces it is.

This piece, imo, is just their spin on a character like Dejah Thoris.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:40 PM   #18
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
 
Valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
When it comes to the female pieces it is.

This piece, imo, is just their spin on a character like Dejah Thoris.
Oh, well no argument there!

Dejah Thoris? I would have said Vampirella.

Give them a pass on the Frazetta girls though since that's how the master drew them.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:39 PM   #19
dechirico7
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
dechirico7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 16,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Oh, well no argument there!

Dejah Thoris? I would have said Vampirella.

Give them a pass on the Frazetta girls though since that's how the master drew them.
It is fine. I get this is a male-dominated hobby. But guys like fit women too, not just ones with breasts bigger than their heads.

I see a bit more Dejah here with the pose and jewelry.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:27 PM   #20
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
 
Valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
It is fine. I get this is a male-dominated hobby. But guys like fit women too, not just ones with breasts bigger than their heads.

I see a bit more Dejah here with the pose and jewelry.
Yeah, I can see the similarities now that I went back and compared their choice of attire.

Vampirella came to mind because, well, this character's a sexy, raven-haired vampiress too.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com