Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-09-2018, 09:02 PM   #271
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
I do agree that their were complaints when it was released and that the googly eye issue was legitimate. Having said that I think there are often complaints about first issue pieces when a new one comes out that don't make a lot of sense to me. Obviously I'm influenced by my piece not having the googly eye issue but if you didn't have that problem then the first Rogue is really nice! I have it on my shelf next to Gambit and I think it's awesome.
I think we sometimes forget how great an actual sculpt is when it's really the paint application that is the problem.
Oh absolutely. The old Rogue prototype was perfect. They royally ----ed up the production pieces though.

I'm confident that won't happen with the new Rogue.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:05 PM   #272
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Oh absolutely. The old Rogue prototype was perfect. They royally ----ed up the production pieces though.

I'm confident that won't happen with the new Rogue.
Yeah wish they had not screwed it up so bad and that everyone's had turned out. I want the new Rogue as well but not sure I can do it. Too many pieces coming out and I gotta pick and choose. Psylocke and X-23 are my priority if they both look good!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:13 AM   #273
hunnipot85
Blue Falcon

I'm already preparing myself to not order her because she's likely going to be $700 plus. I do hope she turns out amazing though for everyone who bites the bullet.
hunnipot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:04 PM   #274
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

More Rogue information Sideshow! Do it!!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:33 AM   #275
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I couldn't wait for Sideshow to release more information, so I just found something myself courtesy of IGN. You're welcome!

X-Men: Rogue Maquette

Sideshow recently announced a new line of 1:4 scale X-Men statues, kicking off with new takes on Wolverine, Magneto, Mystique and Emma Frost. Rogue will be next in line, with a look inspired by her classic '90s costume. The Sideshow-exclusive version will come with an alternate head piece.

WooHoo!!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:42 AM   #276
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I couldn't wait for Sideshow to release more information, so I just found something myself courtesy of IGN. You're welcome!

X-Men: Rogue Maquette

Sideshow recently announced a new line of 1:4 scale X-Men statues, kicking off with new takes on Wolverine, Magneto, Mystique and Emma Frost. Rogue will be next in line, with a look inspired by her classic '90s costume. The Sideshow-exclusive version will come with an alternate head piece.

WooHoo!!

Great news! Since Harbottle’s scupting this, I think there is a big chance I will like both portraits!
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:44 AM   #277
Peedi
The Secret Six

Curly hair and headband?
Hopefully a 90s head like the art print and not something left field. I could see them just doing a shorter haired version.

The old Rogue PF I only use the headband head.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 05:06 AM   #278
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Biggest issue for me is I like collecting statues but don't have the room for a huge collection... I think ideally I'll end up with a few of my favorite characters in 1/4 scale and then get my collecting fix by collecting 1:6... Even 1/10 has become really popular with collectors lately...
I'm at a breaking point with 1/4 and larger. I have a lot of 1/4 pieces, and either I keep what I have and move to a smaller scale, or I start selling to make room for newer 1/4 purchases. Or the hardest option which is to keep what I have and be content with adding maybe one or two pieces a year at most.

None of these options I like. I hate selling stuff, and going to 1/6 after doing 1/4 for so long is tough. But I'm leaning towards moving to 1/6.

First-world problems.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:44 AM   #279
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I'm at a breaking point with 1/4 and larger. I have a lot of 1/4 pieces, and either I keep what I have and move to a smaller scale, or I start selling to make room for newer 1/4 purchases. Or the hardest option which is to keep what I have and be content with adding maybe one or two pieces a year at most.

None of these options I like. I hate selling stuff, and going to 1/6 after doing 1/4 for so long is tough. But I'm leaning towards moving to 1/6.

First-world problems.
I actually love the dynamic 1/6 can give you. Hot Toys has an awful company name, but they are top shelf manufacturers of dead-on portraits. I just received the Yondu deluxe and it’s incredible.

I’m also a pagan scale mixer, but I don’t care. My friends, family and I love the way it looks.

The quality of these photos is unforgivable, but the mix looks good with comics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	38481660-954F-4CB4-8324-3AD7B1225FAD.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	115153   Click image for larger version

Name:	5C5DC915-B3AB-4527-AA7A-41B7A78CAC2B.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	115154  
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #280
demonhunter
Kingpin

I started with action figures, then 1/6 statues, then 1/5,then 1/4 statues. Haven't gone beyond to 1/3 or 1/2 yet. But my collection room is running out of space.

It's been 10 years, but I'm still holding out for a Savage Land Rogue after this classic new 1/4 Rogue.

demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote