Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-17-2017, 02:36 PM   #2451
Sathis
A day without sunshine is like... night.

People being happy with the first one should not be conceived as a NEGATIVE thing.

The first one represents the queen just as great as this second one. I personally get more of her playing with Cotton Candy at a carnival on this one =P

The more you do a character you will see improvements all around in the overall look. I personally will enjoy saving the $500, and putting it towards a new character I do not have represented in my collection over having to worry about selling, or having 2.

Collecting is about what you love, it is not about trying to be better then anyone else, or have the BEST of everything some times. Pick what makes you happy in life, and collect! There are NO bad decisions in a collecting Hobby.
Sathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:02 PM   #2452
dechirico7
The Flash

I like the regular display option more, her reaching for the knife. So, the ex isn't a must for me. Not sure about this being a must. I don't like the broken spell. I think I like the face on this one less. I am also mixed on the gaudy details. I like it, and I don't. I think pics from SDCC will help. I want to see undoctored pics.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:04 PM   #2453
grphyx1
Kingpin

No one outside of the forum peeps and the ones that go to cons. Outside of them, no one knows who the hell she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Who's buying these? I got caught up in the first queen and made an impulse buy, but now I can't sell her for well under retail. I'm gonna have to pay someone to take it now that the new one is up.
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:06 PM   #2454
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Lots of bitterness around the first Queen.

Not sure why bad experiences with the first one means this one shouldn't have been made. It's a different piece, and hopefully production will deliver.
I love my original Queen, and she is pretty much perfect. One of the most beautiful pieces around!

The new one is very nice. Love the pose (with the regular arm, see below) and the base, but I have some issues with it.

1. Don't like the EX arm at all. The only display that looks great is the "collector's" regular arm reaching for the dagger on her thigh.

2. I am really not a fan of the break in the powers from her hand to the base. It just looks odd to me.

3. I prefer the face on the original.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:10 PM   #2455
SONICobra
Batman

i wonder if they sculpted the back tattoos in, i think that was the main issue most people had

edit: based on those photos doesnt look like it
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:10 PM   #2456
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Lots of bitterness around the first Queen.

Not sure why bad experiences with the first one means this one shouldn't have been made. It's a different piece, and hopefully production will deliver.
Being in the minority again, i prefer the 1st version (with the QC problems). This new one has a better overall sculpt (WAY better than the 1st one) but a subpar head sculpt. As much as i love Mark (Newman), i think that this face is his worst facial sculpt ever. I am not bashing Mark, i simply believe that this head is kind of "strange" looking.

All in all, the first one is superior (for me at least).
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:12 PM   #2457
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
The ex is not a must have. It actually looks weird with her holding the knife. No need to buy her as I have the original. The base do look good though.
For me it is, damn i love this piece. newman
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:15 PM   #2458
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I don't like this one at all, especially the face sculpt
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:26 PM   #2459
Valderen
The Spirit

I like her, she's really nice. I love the pose. That being said I prefer the original one.

I find her way too similar to the original to get her.
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:27 PM   #2460
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Being 100% objective (even with my favourite companies, Sideshow, Prime1 or ECC), the face sculpt is surely lacking as i wrote earlier. The other details are perfect but i cant get over the rather subpar head.

Waiting for the other COTD releases, this is an easy pass (for me)
forps is offline   Reply With Quote