Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-17-2019, 04:13 PM   #111
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I personally would get Shockwave. I have the Matrix Studio one and it's the first thing everyone notices and comments on when they come to the house. Can't wait for him as the P1 is licensed and I can get rid of the MS one. Just keep in mind this statue has been delayed at least 3-4 times now so prepare for that and its huge footprint. His design is probably the closest to his G1 outside of Long Haul from the movies so there's that.

Both statues would be a good choice. Both are going to have a wow factor. I wanted the Dog when it first went up but changed my mind because I'd rather have a Big Chap, Warrior & Queen from P1. I'm indifferent about the Bay movies. I buy the Bayformers if I like the design and ogle over the machine work and intricacies when I get them.

I'll have pictures when mine comes if you're on the fence. Just check back as I usually post when I get my shipping invoice.

I might have ordered it by then. 😂

It’s actually a really nice piece. I would say it’s the best decepticon out there. Would look cool with Alien pieces for sure. Think even having the dog nearby would compliment it.

I still like the Bayformer designs even though half the movies are crap. Those designs though..

Yeah but the foot print is sort of turning me off now.. seen the specs on SS’s website.
I have big openings but 36” deep counter space I don’t have. Deepest I have is 2’

I want this but the foot print would require me to put it somewhere else and make, or buy another cabinet..

Or... Guess I could make an extension piece to one of my cabinet tops and use to metal-brackets underneath so Shockwaves base doesn’t hang off the top. Would need only a foot more. It’s not going to be supporting much, mainly for looks.

Think I can make this happen.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:41 PM   #112
chavez553

Okay, so I figured for how I can make the Shockwave piece fit my existing cabinets that I have recently finished. 😁

Would just need to fill that triangle.

Attach a board underneath against the wall for support aling with metal brackets underneath attaching both top extension and existing top.

Sounds like a done deal!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fA9ocX6.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	963.9 KB
ID:	121917   Click image for larger version

Name:	ZQxRmxt.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	817.4 KB
ID:	121918  
Old 03-17-2019, 08:19 PM   #113
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Glad to hear you figured it out.

If you are antsy about the footprint you can always use those metal garage storage shelves I go on about. You can find them at Home Depot or Lowes and the depth would just about work. This is a good option if you are going to openly display them. You can also control length and height if you are hurting for room and depending on height display a large statue on the bottom as well.

Moducase would be the next option if you want closed. Yes they are pricey but you can have them custom made or use their base sizes. My only issue is having the first box on the floor. You would have to custom make some kind of foot shelf if you're picky about having statues directly on floor level for display purposes.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:50 PM   #114
chavez553

Quote:
Glad to hear you figured it out.

If you are antsy about the footprint you can always use those metal garage storage shelves I go on about. You can find them at Home Depot or Lowes and the depth would just about work. This is a good option if you are going to openly display them. You can also control length and height if you are hurting for room and depending on height display a large statue on the bottom as well.

Moducase would be the next option if you want closed. Yes they are pricey but you can have them custom made or use their base sizes. My only issue is having the first box on the floor. You would have to custom make some kind of foot shelf if you're picky about having statues directly on floor level for display purposes.
I preordered it today. Got it in payments. Going to keep my dog Alien preorder. It’s already paid off. Screw it.

Yeah, I’m gonna order one of those mod cases you mentioned. Sounds like a good option. Something this expensive I don’t want to worry about dust.

I usually make all my own shelves and counter spaces. I’m a carpenter. Can’t have it in the floor though. Lol.

I may decide to make some space for in my room. Away from sunlight. I still have not bought blinds or curtains for my Transon windows. They’re up so high. Vaulted ceiling.

Called SS too and they said they’re only allocated so many of them because of it being an exclusive item, so big and expensive. It’s mainly a item for Asia as they love these statues over there.

And I don’t see too much interest in this because of the scale and the price. Wonder what exactly their allocation was on this?

100? 200?
Old 03-19-2019, 04:49 AM   #115
chavez553

So I was debating on what to do with leaking fish tank that’s been sitting empty for 6 months. Had a guy come today and throw out the tank. Was gonna toss the stand too but then realized how much time and money I put into making it. It was not really effected by the leak, it’s made out of maple and the leak wasn’t bad. Maple is some tough hardwood.

The stand is 2ft x 4ft and Shockwave is 35” x 42” in width

I’d have to fill in the space in the middle with a few boards and double up a couple of sheets of finish ply on top to make up the rest of the extra foot width wise. Hell, I may extend it both ways a little. Depends on what it looks like, I’d have to see.

But this is definitely where it will go.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	l7RgB33.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	875.3 KB
ID:	121945  
Old 04-22-2019, 04:58 AM   #116
chavez553

You guys, I’m getting pretty excited for this!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	4016A3F3-F607-4F41-BFAF-EEFF465AE07A.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	122808   Click image for larger version

Name:	5C6E4A1B-477B-4C99-9F31-023F6E0A7D09.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	122809  
Old 05-16-2019, 05:07 PM   #117
eternalblue02

Delayed Aug-Oct now.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:41 AM   #118
chavez553

Quote:
Delayed Aug-Oct now.
Hopefully only one more month man. Definitely will be pissed if it’s an October release..

It is ready available in Japan. You can order it and have it a day.

These delays have to be based on demand. Prime1 or sideshow wants more time to get more preorders in.

How many of these will actually sell in the states? 100?

Because if you have it available on your Japan site then how hard is it to ship a 50 - 100 of these to the states for Sideshow?
Old 06-08-2019, 09:16 AM   #119
eternalblue02

I said it a while ago I think many of these company's bite off more then they can chew. They cram PO after PO and the factory's can't churn them out fast enough so we get delays. There's also a lot of meh now between the US and China that could be causing this as well. Just look at the shipping issues people are having with P1 products through SS after their fall out.

I've been trying to find my shipping invoice from SS to CT on my Killer Croc to post a picture. Someone had posted an insane shipping cost from within the US and I know I didn't pay what they did back in October. So something's going on.

The silver lining is the wait is usually 95% worth it. Outside of AK Catwoman and G1 Optimus I haven't seen a barrage of QC issues. Shockwave I don't mind waiting for because the piece is huge and very intricate. After my Matrix Studios SW shipping damages and the actual statue shedding pieces just sitting in a glass case I'd rather P1 take their time
Old 07-18-2019, 05:45 PM   #120
eternalblue02

Shockwave will be at SS’s warehouse in 7 days. Final payment will be taken out next Thursday.

If anyone is curious about the increased shipping costs, shipping is $270 the same amount I paid for the deposit so it cancels that out. Hopefully it makes it in one piece.