Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-22-2018, 02:02 AM   #251
ovp3664
The Avengers

horus and anubis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
Small but nice. How much were those?
If you pre-ordered these direct through Chronicle I believe $1200 USD for both as a set. Or $700 individually each.
I got both here in Australia through my local retailer for just under $2000 AUD. With rewards discount.
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 05:42 PM   #252
DroidAssassin
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovp3664 View Post
If you pre-ordered these direct through Chronicle I believe $1200 USD for both as a set. Or $700 individually each.
I got both here in Australia through my local retailer for just under $2000 AUD. With rewards discount.
Good savings! I ordered direct from Chronicle & love having the matching numbered set.

I thought it might be more of a saving below the $2400AUD from Popcultcha, but came withing $50 of the same price. Good for comparison, you really have to do your homework & work out what suits you best.

No one ever said this hobby/obsession was cheap!

Still Love these though,bring on 1/2 scale RA!!
DroidAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:15 PM   #253
ovp3664
The Avengers

1/2 scale Stargate Horus & Anubis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidAssassin View Post
Good savings! I ordered direct from Chronicle & love having the matching numbered set.

I thought it might be more of a saving below the $2400AUD from Popcultcha, but came withing $50 of the same price. Good for comparison, you really have to do your homework & work out what suits you best.

No one ever said this hobby/obsession was cheap!

Still Love these though,bring on 1/2 scale RA!!

Exactly. Hope to hear more on Rah soon. Its been way too long. Mine are #104
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:40 PM   #254
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Those look great, though smaller than I thought they would be. Maybe was expecting bigger as the 1:1 is so huge.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:29 PM   #255
cratercritter
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Those look great, though smaller than I thought they would be. Maybe was expecting bigger as the 1:1 is so huge.
They are an excellent size for display on a table or shelf. Still very formidable & impressive pieces.

1:2 scale bust in proportion to the 1:1 full-size bust equates to....

1/2 the height.
1/2 the width.
1/4 the face projected area.
1/8 the volume. The full-size version is 8 times the volumetric size of it's half scale sibling.
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 11:32 PM   #256
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

God damn it.

I had originally purchased both busts from Popcultcha, my local retailer, but I had what I considered to be a major issue with my Anubis.

The Anubis piece tilted significantly to one side. The Horus was more or less fine. I contacted Popcultcha and they were nice enough to offer a replacement.

Well I just unboxed the replacement and if anything it possibly tilts even more than the first one!

Now is it possible that this was intentional? Possibly. But I didn't notice it on the other collectors photos posted.

It looks like the neck / head cavity is wedged in and then glued onto the shoulder plate section. But it looks misaligned.

Heck the Horus isn't perfectly aligned, in that while it's not tilted to one side, it looks like the Horus guard is slightly turning his head to one side. Whereby if I want both shoulders to be parallel to the wall, the head is slightly looking off to the side. This I could accept to a certain extent, but not the Anubis.

Well I guess this means I'm probably not getting the Ra piece. I don't want to go through this again.

If this were provided in the same manner as the full scale versions I doubt there would've been an issue as major assembling was required, and I'm quite sure I could have been trusted to put it together more or less straight. But because of the glue on the half scale there's no way I can pull it apart without damaging the paint.

I was under the impression that Chronicle checked the pieces from the factory before sending the pieces out to retailers and collectors?

The table that the busts are on are more or less parallel to the ceiling and door frames, so you can see how much it ends up tilting.

I've attached two photos of both the original and the replacement and the tilt is almost identical?

Note that outside of the paint variations between the Anubis and Horus, the only physical difference in the molds are the head attachments. Everything else is identical. So I can put the Anubis head on the Horus body and its perfectly straight with no tilt, but there's a noticeable paint difference under my spotlights.

Oh one other difference I just noticed on my full Anubis replacement, it stands a full centimetre taller than my previous version. On the first one the shoulder plates were more or less even between the Anubis and Horus busts, now the Anubis is noticeably higher.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2231.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	367.7 KB
ID:	119539   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2329.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	337.3 KB
ID:	119541  
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:49 AM   #257
cratercritter
The Spirit

From your photos, Anubis does look to be leaning to one side, along with a head tilted. I don't mind the head tilted or turned slightly to one side, but I agree with you that the body should be pretty close to vertical-straight.
Hope you get it all sorted out.
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:15 PM   #258
clutch
Sailor Moon

clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:24 PM   #259
thedarkknight77
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

If anyone is looking for this set, hit me up. I’ve got a lead on the 1:1 and might sell these.
thedarkknight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:58 AM   #260
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

They don't check the stuff that gets shipped direct to overseas buyers. Their CS will take care of you though, but still a shame to get ones with issues like that.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote