Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 03-22-2023, 04:27 AM   #281
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I guess compared to a more realistic statue her skin is going to look a little flat, but as a statue of a video game character I feel like you can't really make a better Ivy statue than this. It isn't overdesigned whatsoever. There aren't random details just for the sake of having details (Prime 1 hello). I am 100% satisfied with how she turned out.
Totally agree?she?s just a perfect representation of Ivy. For all of you thinking of getting her regular version from SSC, I hope she goes on a daily deal so you can get an awesome statute at a great price!
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 03:31 PM   #282
KiDDo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

From all your photos she looks really good and I agree on the paint app, it's fiiting for a video game character. I doubt this will go on sale here in Germany, but you never know. Faye Valentine did, but I passed on her. Even a 30% discount on SSC will unfortunately be "useless" due to the shipping costs for 1/4 stuff (plus taxes and custom fees).
KiDDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 03:29 AM   #283
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDDo View Post
From all your photos she looks really good and I agree on the paint app, it's fiiting for a video game character. I doubt this will go on sale here in Germany, but you never know. Faye Valentine did, but I passed on her. Even a 30% discount on SSC will unfortunately be "useless" due to the shipping costs for 1/4 stuff (plus taxes and custom fees).
Wow?even a 30% discount is negated by taxes and fees?that?s horrid! I felt a bit of that when I had PCS Chun Li shipped to Canada (tail end of the pandemic border lockdown); she was technically $0 as I used RPs and thought only the shipping would be a bit higher even though I?m close to the border. They dinged me at 100% retail value for taxes and customs so I?m never doing that again!
Old 03-26-2023, 02:10 PM   #284
KiDDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmer View Post
Wow?even a 30% discount is negated by taxes and fees?that?s horrid! I felt a bit of that when I had PCS Chun Li shipped to Canada (tail end of the pandemic border lockdown); she was technically $0 as I used RPs and thought only the shipping would be a bit higher even though I?m close to the border. They dinged me at 100% retail value for taxes and customs so I?m never doing that again!
Unfortunately, yes. I've had multiple in-stock 1/4 pieces in my cart already and shipping for those is always in the 120-200 range. Put roughly 20% taxes and custom fees on top and the discount is gone^^
KiDDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 04:40 PM   #285
JanuaryStorm

Just got mine yesterday. They had the whip sword folded in such a way that the metal bits (the parts that aren't supposed to bend) were warped and curved. I had to use a heat gun on them and bend them straight.

Other than that (and a gem that apparently didn't have any glue on it) I really like this piece. I paired it with my other battle babes, looks great! ^.^
JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 12:05 AM   #286
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStorm View Post
Just got mine yesterday. They had the whip sword folded in such a way that the metal bits (the parts that aren't supposed to bend) were warped and curved. I had to use a heat gun on them and bend them straight.

Other than that (and a gem that apparently didn't have any glue on it) I really like this piece. I paired it with my other battle babes, looks great! ^.^
what other battle babes you have.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 12:55 PM   #287
Pharmer
The Herculoids

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...figures-909815

Crazy deal for such a great statue!!! I’d be all over this if I didn’t already have the definitive version!!!
Old 06-23-2023, 06:59 PM   #288
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

She's well worth it for that price especially. I noticed she didn't seem to sell very well in general. I wonder if this line is going to go dormant for the time being.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 07:10 PM   #289
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
She's well worth it for that price especially. I noticed she didn't seem to sell very well in general. I wonder if this line is going to go dormant for the time being.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 08:15 PM   #290
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Still have about 100 RPs to use and if I didn?t have her already, it would have cost less than half what I paid; however, I would still take the definitive as the base and whip are just too iconic!!! Hard to believe this 30% discount takes the price back down to over a decade ago when PF?s were much simpler with sloppy, bleeding paint apps. It?s a sign of the times that we are all forced to cut back especially on wants. Unfortunately, this means a lot of products will never see the light of day when the weak demand exposes a line?s risks.