Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 02-17-2023, 12:08 PM   #331
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

it definitely has some inaccuracies, but it's still pretty damn good even with this side by side.

is the Joost version worth 2x the cost of this. Some will say yes, some will say no.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Batmobile.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	321.7 KB
ID:	159323  
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 01:26 PM   #332
Biggunz
Loki

I think Danoby2 pretty much closed up shop on his last yt video discussion. At first glance theyre going to be very similar with jazzinc batmobile having a 50\50 chance of falling short. The biggest issue is price. At hot toys price point and track record they are almost incomparable. Plus with new paint apps and led, possibly new materials ... Hot toys is the clear winner.

In most cases once the Jazzinc is purchased it is almost an instant value loss with hot toys near by. Will be hard to sell and get you're money back if you're strapped for cash. So you better love it.

Also in terms of wanting a bigger batmobile there's a decent chance we will see another one down the road after flash.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 01:56 PM   #333
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
There are a few long posts on FB about the inaccuracies. Off the top of my head, the fins and a few other spots around the car are not the right shape. For me, even though the HT version will be ~$700 cheaper, I?m always willing to pay more for accuracy and better materials. Not to mention, there is nothing stopping HT from releasing a 3rd version in the future. I don?t support these lazy no ES re-issues.
I think the most unacceptable inaccuracy is the actual length of the Batmobile. Jazz Inc claims that HT's version is 4" shorter than it should have been. It is a serious mistake, if it is indeed correct.

The real 89 Batmobile is longer in length. HT might have made that compromise in order to bring the price down a bit. It is certainly a deal-breaker to me even if it has a more attractive price point.

For any movie related collectibles, accuracy is always paramount IMO, especially for a high-end products like this 1:6 scale model.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 02:10 PM   #334
qz33
Rescue

Thanks guys. I believed there would be inaccuracies but be honest any of this stuff has them to some degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
it definitely has some inaccuracies, but it's still pretty damn good even with this side by side.

is the Joost version worth 2x the cost of this. Some will say yes, some will say no.
Excellent screenshot. You can definitely tell they made the intake and manifolds pop more on the sides, much more akin to the Forever and Batman & Robin Batmobiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
I think the most unacceptable inaccuracy is the actual length of the Batmobile. Jazz Inc claims that HT's version is 4" shorter than it should have been. It is a serious mistake, if it is indeed correct.

The real 89 Batmobile is longer in length. HT might have made that compromise in order to bring the price down a bit. It is certainly a deal-breaker to me even if it has a more attractive price point.

For any movie related collectibles, accuracy is always paramount IMO, especially for a high-end products like this 1:6 scale model.
>10% too short is a lot but I'm not so sure that is accurate. I've spent a couple hours looking at the real one in person and she's not near as long as conveyed in the movies and publicity shots.
2X is a lot but I too would choose accuracy even at that differential BUT the Joost/Jazz or whatever would have to be dead on without any misses of it's own.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 12:19 AM   #335
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
I think Danoby2 pretty much closed up shop on his last yt video discussion. At first glance theyre going to be very similar with jazzinc batmobile having a 50\50 chance of falling short. The biggest issue is price. At hot toys price point and track record they are almost incomparable. Plus with new paint apps and led, possibly new materials ... Hot toys is the clear winner.

In most cases once the Jazzinc is purchased it is almost an instant value loss with hot toys near by. Will be hard to sell and get you're money back if you're strapped for cash. So you better love it.

Also in terms of wanting a bigger batmobile there's a decent chance we will see another one down the road after flash.
How in most cases has Jazz lost value instantly? The 66 Batmobile hasn?t even finished shipping. I haven?t even seen a Jazz batmobile for sale yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post

My hope is that this HT version coming out at the same time of Jazz motivates Jazz to make sure their version is by far the superior version , thus making the higher price pay off.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 08:58 PM   #336
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I mean we can nitpick and analyze all day with a microscope but when I look at either and in my mind's eye, it takes me back to the movie and that's all I need.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 12:54 AM   #337
Biggunz
Loki

I'm not a talking about 66. I'm talking about 89. Hot toys is making the ,89. But if they were making the 66 I would anticipate this to be the same situation.
Old 02-20-2023, 02:22 AM   #338
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
I'm not a talking about 66. I'm talking about 89. Hot toys is making the ,89. But if they were making the 66 I would anticipate this to be the same situation.
But why would the (assumed) more accurate version with higher quality parts lose lots of value because HT is making another inaccurate version by the thousands?Right now, there are 30 people trying to sell their first version on ebay. It's not going to be hard to find one in the future.
Old 02-20-2023, 06:31 AM   #339
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
But why would the (assumed) more accurate version with higher quality parts lose lots of value because HT is making another inaccurate version by the thousands?Right now, there are 30 people trying to sell their first version on ebay. It's not going to be hard to find one in the future.

Exactly. That's my point.
Old 02-20-2023, 10:08 PM   #340
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Exactly. That's my point.
That doesn't really answer anything. I'll simplify my take. The HT will be easy to find and the Jazz won't be.