Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-16-2023, 04:15 AM   #471
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
That?s the thing, how can it both be too boxy, and still be pretty good. Sometimes I think we are all too accepting sometimes, me included.

And then, tomorrow I preorder the damn thing??..
I didn't see many collectors complaining about the proportions when they had it in hand. Quite the opposite, actually. Although i noticed the issue, it won't be enough to stop people enjoying it. And i do think it looks great
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 04:22 AM   #472
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I didn't see many collectors complaining about the proportions when they had it in hand. Quite the opposite, actually. Although i noticed the issue, it won't be enough to stop people enjoying it. And i do think it looks great
As a group, in most cases the minimum required quality has changed in the past decade.

But as I said in the other forum:

Nearly every comment is that this is good enough. So while we're a community that loves to complain about the lack of effort on Hot Toys part when it comes to figure reissues, our acceptance of it for this particular piece, is probably why Hot Toys doesn't bother to improve the molds. Why waste the money if many of our customers are already satisfied.

They probably could've improved theirs and still charged substantially less than JazzInc's.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 07:59 AM   #473
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

If InArt instead of Jazzinc were making the Batmobile then hot toys surely wouldn't dare reissuing it without improvement. They are scared s......less of InArt. Jazzinc they don't feel the need to go all out to compete with.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 09:44 AM   #474
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
They probably could've improved theirs and still charged substantially less than JazzInc's.
I fully agree, but the price would still increase, potentially pushing more people on the fence to go with joost. I think their price point is really good, and a great business decision. The packaging will probably be different, hopefully improved without the cocoon shell thing
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 11:48 PM   #475
PacMan3000
The Spirit

So what do you guys think--is this Keaton piece going to go up for sale on Sideshow, or will it be exclusive to Prime 1's site?

I went back and checked on the Batman Returns Catwoman by Prime 1, and it showed up on Sideshow roughly one month after it went up on Prime 1's website.
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 01:03 AM   #476
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000 View Post
So what do you guys think--is this Keaton piece going to go up for sale on Sideshow, or will it be exclusive to Prime 1's site?

I went back and checked on the Batman Returns Catwoman by Prime 1, and it showed up on Sideshow roughly one month after it went up on Prime 1's website.
If it does go up on sideshow, it will go up closer to its release. So it?s hard to tell. I would think it would though , considering the piece.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 02:40 AM   #477
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
He looks really good. i'm sure this will see well. The Prime 1 1:3 Scale Museum Masterlinbe series is by far and way the Premier statue line in the industry. This is what Sideshow's Premium Format line was 15 or so years ago.

I asked P1 if they were going to make a Batman Returns 1.3 Batman, and they said if enough people wanted it, they would definitely make it, so those of you wanting a Batman Returns 1.3 Batman, be sure to ask P1 via their website on their contact page, aswell as their facebook page.......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 08:28 PM   #478
shooterch
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Love both statues. Bring it on P1!!!
shooterch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 03:39 PM   #479
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post

As this is currently on display at the Shanghai Wonderfest, please be sure to post pics here from Wonderfest if you find any.Cheers!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 03:56 PM   #480
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

They should really make an effort on that cape. It's not folded well so the whole statue looks less impressive that it is on the promo pics.
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote