Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-07-2023, 08:12 AM   #331
Blade3327
Nightwing

Paid my invoice via Spec Fiction! Sounds like this will be shipping on or before July 10th.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 01:28 PM   #332
gearhead
The Herculoids

Ordered! Finally. I've been on the fence for this one for a long time. Super excited about this since day 1, but with a lot of questions, so I waited. Aliens is in my top 5 all time movies and the warrior is definitely my favorite version of the alien so I knew I wanted it, but there's been a lot of conflicting info about the size and quality so I've been waiting for some good in hand videos and size confirmation. Well we have those now and I'm satisfied. Looks awesome to me! And definitely 1/3 just like Big Chap and Dog. I know some disagree, but that's just because he's hunched over. Head sizes are the same, so... Anyway, just ordered on BBTS with $4 shipping, and I think I got the last one because now it says sold out. Can't wait now!
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 02:31 PM   #333
Blade3327
Nightwing

Really nice look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc4p7vnsEg8

I'd gotten used to thinking of this as a smaller piece, but this video serves as a reminder that it's still huge. Just not as huge as the Jungle Hunter.
Old 07-03-2023, 11:23 AM   #334
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Really nice look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc4p7vnsEg8

I'd gotten used to thinking of this as a smaller piece, but this video serves as a reminder that it's still huge. Just not as huge as the Jungle Hunter.
After being on the fence with this piece for a couple years, I just pulled the trigger on the DX Bonus. I had to see in hand video's of it. The fact that it scales with the Chap & Dog and that nobody has complaints with quality or breakages, sealed the deal for me. The base is big, but I got the space. One other thing is there's only 400 ES total combined both versions. It'll be sold-out in another month Topps I'm thinking.

If they were to put this up today for Preorder, it would probably be another $500, so getting it for a more reasonable price also helped me decide. I'm passing on their new Endo.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 09:33 PM   #335
Blade3327
Nightwing

Got the DXS in today. As planned, I'm keeping the open-mouthed portrait and stand -- which look surprisingly good next to the Jungle Hunter. With no room for my Dog Alien on the same Besta and the City Hunter on the way, I'm thinking these busts will need a more thoughtful display solution in the future. I'd been thinking of them as peripheral pieces, but they take up quite a bit of space.

The rest of the statue is just too big for me to hold onto, so I'll try and sell it locally.

Old 07-07-2023, 03:27 PM   #336
VILE GUILE

Looks pretty awesome to me! I actually just ordered this a few days ago....but I ain't selling the statue. The bigger the better... I've always worried it was too small to fit in with the other Aliens. I'm also glad the headstand won't dip over if you accidentally sneeze too close to it like that Chap.
Old 07-07-2023, 04:05 PM   #337
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Looks pretty awesome to me! I actually just ordered this a few days ago....but I ain't selling the statue. The bigger the better... I've always worried it was too small to fit in with the other Aliens. I'm also glad the headstand won't dip over if you accidentally sneeze too close to it like that Chap.
That's the thing, I want a full Alien statue to accompany the 1/3 Jungle Hunter. This one's too small for that purpose and too big to keep as a standalone. Same goes for the Big Chap reissue (although the pose and sculpt is so nice I might just pick it up if Prime 1 doesn't release any larger Aliens in the future).
Old 07-07-2023, 04:20 PM   #338
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
That's the thing, I want a full Alien statue to accompany the 1/3 Jungle Hunter. This one's too small for that purpose and too big to keep as a standalone. Same goes for the Big Chap reissue (although the pose and sculpt is so nice I might just pick it up if Prime 1 doesn't release any larger Aliens in the future).
Oh I know what you mean now. I meant I was worried it would be too small for the other too Reg 1/3 Aliens I already bought. Yeah, he definitely doesn't scale right with the Big boy JH. I'm making him my stand alone piece. They probably will make a huge Warrior to match the JH someday, but he may be 1/2 scale so he's bigger than the 1/3 JH.
Old 08-10-2023, 03:33 PM   #339
gearhead
The Herculoids

I ordered this on BBTS for $1899 + $4 shipping (basically free). It's in stock on P1's website now so I put it in the cart just to see - $878 standard, $564 economy shipping! Wow! If I would have ordered direct I would have canceled for sure. That's insane.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 03:56 PM   #340
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I ordered this on BBTS for $1899 + $4 shipping (basically free). It's in stock on P1's website now so I put it in the cart just to see - $878 standard, $564 economy shipping! Wow! If I would have ordered direct I would have canceled for sure. That's insane.
Prime 1 is sneaky too. Three weeks ago I was about to order a second 1/4 city hunter for my office because they were advertising $140 off. Originally, I paid $88 economy shipping for it, now it’s $200. Lol
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote