Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-01-2022, 04:28 AM   #341
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
That Storm is a great look, but what about the others? Assuming that follow-ons kinda stick to Dawn of X designs.

From that cover Jean and especially Wolverine should be good to go, but what about Cyclops? That look doesn't do anything for me, so would people be interested? Professor X is very different from anything available, but it also looks pretty cool.
Wolverine…we still haven’t seen the X-Force Wolverine reveal.

Lol that’s one of my favorite Cyclops designs.

What’s funny is I didn’t like Cyclops and Magneto’s costumes in Bendis’ Uncanny X-Men/Marvel Now at all. They also have the same basic costume, modified to fit them.

But once they got their HoX tweaks now those versions are among my favorites for those characters. It’s definitely because elements of their traditional costumes were fused into them.

I imagine since they announced Professor X is coming and they just had wheelchair and hover chair versions not long ago that the Dawn of X statue will actually be Xavier in all black wearing the Cerebro helmet like in the comics. But I’m sure they’ll do way more than necessary with the plain black costume and add all kinds of textured panels and overdo the already busy enough helmet.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 10:19 AM   #342
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Lol that?s one of my favorite Cyclops designs.

What?s funny is I didn?t like Cyclops and Magneto?s costumes in Bendis? Uncanny X-Men/Marvel Now at all. They also have the same basic costume, modified to fit them.

Surprisingly someone is making a custom of that one... how anyone managed to squeeze it in between all the custom Magnetos, Wolverines, and Venoms, I am not sure.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 06:06 PM   #343
AC_808
Hercules

I really don't mind the red/purple costume to this thing. But I do care about the body sculpt. And unfortunately, it could've been better.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 08:43 PM   #344
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The Cyclops suit is one of my favorites. I really really like it. And it’s good in both the colors.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 06:08 PM   #345
Destroyous
Justice League

Finally got around to preordering this. I really like it. The bottom part of the base just looking like too much junk is a critique. I think it could’ve been a little more creative. And then that middle metal piece between his pecs being too long like that I don’t love. But altogether I think this is a great Magneto. And where as the throne is an amazing XM statue. Put em on the map statement piece. It’s not the costume with the trunks like this one and it’s underscaled. So I’m very happy to get this one. Cheap price too compared to some other XM’s recently. And with all the switch outs. 4 arms, 2 heads. Low edition size. I think this is a good deal.
Destroyous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 12:52 AM   #346
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Magneto ES has been set to 249.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 10:38 AM   #347
nyvega002
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
Magneto ES has been set to 249.
Sweet. That is an extra bonus for those picking it up.
nyvega002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 04:02 PM   #348
Destroyous
Justice League

Anyone know what’s happening with this? Such a low ES but it’s taking forever to ship out right? I think the initial preorders were in September 2022. It’s supposed to ship in 1st Quarter of 2024. 16-19 months seems like that would be one of the biggest wait times XM has ever had.
Destroyous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 09:13 AM   #349
nyvega002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyous View Post
Anyone know what?s happening with this? Such a low ES but it?s taking forever to ship out right? I think the initial preorders were in September 2022. It?s supposed to ship in 1st Quarter of 2024. 16-19 months seems like that would be one of the biggest wait times XM has ever had.
That is no longer unusual. The Super Skrull recently found itself shipped out after about 16 months. There is clearly a back-up of production somewhere considering many shipping windows this year were pushed back.
nyvega002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 07:53 PM   #350
Walton.Chunky

That low of ES means it wasn't very popular, so I am not sure I'd buy it. I doubt you would have an easy time selling it if you ever wanted to get rid of it.

If you love it, and think you'll keep it forever go ahead and buy it, but XM has been creating terrible X-Men statues left and right imo, so I'll stick to LBS.
Walton.Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote