Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 07-25-2021, 09:00 AM   #21
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Depends on what you consider humongous amounts of money. Cars can run anything from hundreds to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I’ve read so many times on these forums or YouTube comments that the price alone for some of these statues is enough to buy a car. Which I’ve always found somewhat ridiculous, as I personally would never buy one of those four wheel death traps. And unless I win the lottery I probably would never buy a car in the hundreds of thousands either.
Ah.....the old spending benchmark comparison......THE CAR.

My guess, is that people equate the purchase of a car to be something of a necessity, and generally speaking, a high value purchase. However, in my opinion, you're right. Buying a car in the modern age is neither a necessity (in all cases) - and with leasing options, as well as the option to buy a "death trap" it's also not necessarily the most expensive purchase you can make.

A car, like a bicycle or a motorbike, is an instantly depreciating asset (in 99.9% of the cases). Normally with built in redundancy and a design lifetime (like the Replicants in Blade Runner). So from a money management perspective, purchasing a statue is a way BETTER short, medium, or long term investment than a motor vehicle or bicycle.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 12:23 PM   #22
deadrodian
The Spirit

wow
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hvknk.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	144041  
deadrodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 07:21 PM   #23
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

Those crazy pics from page ONE of this thread are obviously out of proportion now right?

Back there they said it's 69" tall?...this doesn't seem quite that tall to me?

Regardless, it's super cool and would be the centerpoint to a big LOTR collection...

My guess is it'll demand close to $10,000 USD?...Personally, I think if I'm gonna drop that kinda coin I'd get a life-size statue with legs...
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 09:33 PM   #24
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwhitey View Post
Those crazy pics from page ONE of this thread are obviously out of proportion now right?

Back there they said it's 69" tall?...this doesn't seem quite that tall to me?

Regardless, it's super cool and would be the centerpoint to a big LOTR collection...

My guess is it'll demand close to $10,000 USD?...Personally, I think if I'm gonna drop that kinda coin I'd get a life-size statue with legs...
It does look like they shrunk it a bit, it actually looks a bit too small now.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 10:00 AM   #25
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 10:38 AM   #26
Aidmit One
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwhitey View Post
Infinity Studios is legitimately crazy if this drops at the $10,000 price point, especially when you consider that the larger and more complex life size Iron Man Mark 7 from Queen Studios was $10,000 and that blows this out of the water.
Aidmit One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:40 AM   #27
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

My man, if they want $10K from me, that armour better be made from steel or titanium....and I want shipping and taxes included.

In fact, for $10k, they better give me half of actual Sauron under that titanium armour
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 06:32 PM   #28
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
My man, if they want $10K from me, that armour better be made from steel or titanium....and I want shipping and taxes included.

In fact, for $10k, they better give me half of actual Sauron under that titanium armour
For 10k I better be able to take off the ring and turn invisible.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:43 PM   #29
clutch
Sailor Moon

Looks kinda goofy head on.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 10:59 AM   #30
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

The body is too skinny and the metal needs to flair out more. It is TRUE life-size unlike queens life size bigger busts. I want this, but they got to fix the trunk middle of it. Price point should be around 3 grand. There is nothing but polystone or possibly a metal, but doubt it. It looks so big because of the points and high arm.

When you can get a 4 foot balrog bust for 3k, and its just polystone or fiberglass, with working lights, and a much bigger paint job applied, this should be around 3k. People thinking 10k is not realistic. When they are making full torso busts with silicone and one punched hair at a time, lets say Auqaman, that has a ton of hair and full facial hair with polystone body and hands, people need to understand that JUST punching hair on a head alone is about a 40 hour job alone, and the beard and eyebrows would take just as long, and it sells for $3750usd, it gives you more of a comparison. 10k would get you a full statue of this!

All their bust now are going for 4k, but even the batman that had a ton of polystone except for the small silica gel they used on the face under the cowl,(again, that bust will last forever, but that cheap silica gel they used, is going to be a problem). Its small enough you could have some artist make a new one with proper top line silicone.

Infinity should send out to everyone who bought that bust a lower face replacement with the right platinum silicone which they still are not using so people can get more that 15 years out of it. But that all said and done, that bust is huge and has a lot of painting and it sold for $2400 I believe, Sauron is bigger, but has a consistent paint job and their is no silicone, no face or eyes, literally just metal or polystone. Cant see it being more than 3500 tops. The wraith that is all cloth and some arms and hands with the metal looking material and huge sword should be $2000 max if your comparing TIME and material. We will see, But again, if you can get that Balrog for 3k or the one with the whole back lit base and flames for $6700, there is NO WAY a Bust of Salron will be 10 grand.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote