Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 03-02-2023, 06:49 PM   #391
Steve evans
The Spirit

I totally agree with your comments. The pose of this T-Rex is simply stunning, one of the best on the market. However, I have always been concerned by the lack of attention to the skin textures. Looking at close up photos I often wondered if it was 3rd of 4th generation cast, as some of the scales and folds looked like blobs and scratches. I realise photos can be deceiving but I do think there is a lack of real detail, which you have now confirmed. I think this could've become the Holy Grail if more attention to detail had been taken by ECC. The jaw has always been questionable, the scale detail around the eyes is almost none exsistant and for the high price I just don't think it's a great deal. These are my opinions of course and I'm sure many who now own this will be more than happy with it and will disagree with my comments. I hate to say this but I think we need another T-Rex..One with the scale of ECC but with the skin detail of Prime 1/ Infinity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Got mine yesterday, will upload pics soon.

It's a beautiful piece overall -- the natural pose and understated base make it my favorite of the high-end JP Rexes thus far -- but the surface detail is admittedly underwhelming. The sculpt needs finer detail, something that Prime 1 and Infinity are knocking out of the park these days. The wrinkles are too wide and many of the scales just look like abstract bumps. It seems like they overcompensated for this by simply sharpening everything, but that only exaggerates the height of the existing bumps. It doesn't shape them into proper scales or add finer skin texturing.

Again, it's quite a beautiful piece and looks great from a distance, but up close it doesn't quite check all the boxes it should. My collection has only shrunk over time and I grow weary of large, expensive pieces that don't fully satisfy. The bigger and more expensive it is, the more it needs to be a grand slam home run.
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 09:43 PM   #392
Z71man14
Fantastic Four

I don't normally do this but I wrote ECC:

Dear ECC,
I know you probably don?t get many positive emails but I wanted to let you know how happy you and all of your team have made me. This statue is the absolute Holy Grail Jurassic Park statue. I cannot describe how happy I am with what an amazing job you did with Rexy. Her sculpt is perfect and it shows how much love and attention you gave to the paint application. Her glass eyes look beyond real and literally follow me around the room which is incredible. Thank you so much for giving this your absolute best. Please relay this message to all your team that made this masterpiece happen. You made my dreams come true and I am beyond appreciative.

Thank you so much!

Jeff
Fort Worth, TX

Statue Forum Team, I have included a picture of my other Jurassic Park statues in my last picture. The Prime 1 Rexy and Blue are also amazing. The Iron Studios Brachiosaurus and Final Rotunda statues are also extremely well done. I do have the Chronicles Breakout T-rex and Stegoaurs but they lost out to the others.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230303_193633804.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	397.4 KB
ID:	159856   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230303_195007296_HDR.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	369.1 KB
ID:	159857   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230303_195019022.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	486.8 KB
ID:	159858   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230303_200626657.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	347.4 KB
ID:	159859  
Z71man14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 02:29 AM   #393
azurepred
Zot

Opened mine today, not sure if I feel I got my moneys worth for $1800 yet, but it came without any noticeable issues.That’s always a big plus for statues in this price range. I feel the paint app could have a lot more depth, but I also came to realize a long time ago that ECC paint apps are not what they used to be. The glass eyes and teeth look great and the nice round base is perfect. The little plaque is a nice touch as well.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 12:42 PM   #394
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71man14 View Post
I don't normally do this but I wrote ECC:
This is awesome man, I am sure they'll appreciate.

And congrats for the collection.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 01:01 PM   #395
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I finally got a chance to open mine and I was utterly enchanted by this piece. This is easily the best Jurrasic Park style female T.rex maquette I have in my collection. The paint, details and just sheer awe of this statue brought tears to my eyes. Hopefully ECC will offer additional dinosaurs in the near future. I am one very happy customer.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 01:17 PM   #396
Z71man14
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
This is awesome man, I am sure they'll appreciate.

And congrats for the collection.
Thank you good sir!
Z71man14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 06:39 AM   #397
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
I finally got a chance to open mine and I was utterly enchanted by this piece. This is easily the best Jurrasic Park style female T.rex maquette I have in my collection. The paint, details and just sheer awe of this statue brought tears to my eyes. Hopefully ECC will offer additional dinosaurs in the near future. I am one very happy customer.
Well, congrats to you too man. Looks like ECC knocked it out of the park.

Just heard back from my retailer, should receive mine in May..

VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 03:54 PM   #398
Themarkmail
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Guys in cinemaquette’s page are available again in “limited stock”
Themarkmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 03:43 PM   #399
dannygarrett09
Birdman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVdYNoCMOEY more videos
dannygarrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 10:59 PM   #400
ChrisLikesDinos
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I never customize official statues, but with what I paid for this I want it to be perfect, and im not happy with the head colors being so different from the body. Gonna have to get someone touch mine up.
ChrisLikesDinos is offline   Reply With Quote