Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 04-23-2023, 08:20 AM   #431
dannygarrett09
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanasaur View Post
That is true although I do worry the Jurassic renaissance that we got in the last 7-8 years as collectors is coming to an end with no new Movies for the time being.
Have you still not heard anything I have seen that they got the amber egg on the 23rd. Also for some reason cant log into the account either now for popculture weird.
dannygarrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 11:23 PM   #432
Amanasaur
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I contacted Pop again but the customer service had no clue, they couldnt even find it on the website whilst I could.

So I contacted ECC and they said

"Hi, we do not have any specific information for individuals who purchased outside the US & Canada. All shipping estimates should come from the retailer you purchased from. If they are unable to give you a precise ETA, please be sure to follow up with them for clarification as to why. Please note that shipping to other regions may take more time if there are shipping or port delays. Popcultcha does have stock allotted to them, so if we were to estimate, we hope you will get the item in the next month or so. But again, we encourage you to follow up with them from for clearer confirmation."
Amanasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 03:52 AM   #433
dannygarrett09
Birdman

Quote:
I contacted Pop again but the customer service had no clue, they couldnt even find it on the website whilst I could.

So I contacted ECC and they said

"Hi, we do not have any specific information for individuals who purchased outside the US & Canada. All shipping estimates should come from the retailer you purchased from. If they are unable to give you a precise ETA, please be sure to follow up with them for clarification as to why. Please note that shipping to other regions may take more time if there are shipping or port delays. Popcultcha does have stock allotted to them, so if we were to estimate, we hope you will get the item in the next month or so. But again, we encourage you to follow up with them from for clearer confirmation."
At least ECC HAVE Said they have the items assigned to them so that's something at least .
Old 04-25-2023, 06:41 AM   #434
Amanasaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygarrett09 View Post
At least ECC HAVE Said they have the items assigned to them so that's something at least .
Yeah think they Rex's somehow missed the boat (literally) along with the Mosquito Ambers and are coming on the next shipment so based on ECC's estimate probably end of May
Old 04-25-2023, 11:11 AM   #435
dannygarrett09
Birdman

Quote:
Yeah think they Rex's somehow missed the boat (literally) along with the Mosquito Ambers and are coming on the next shipment so based on ECC's estimate probably end of May
Thanks for asking them hopefully we get some more clarity soon lol.
Old 04-27-2023, 06:18 AM   #436
tidus

I have been watching this closely, too bad in the original product renders the detail looked fantastic.

I have no idea which source they used for scanning (Perot maquette? did they confirm this?), but for those that say it doesn't feel like Rexy at all, it may be the eyes. The scales and wrinkles don't match because I mirrored the pic of the bust, it should be the other side but I don't have mine to snap a photo.

tidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 12:30 AM   #437
Amanasaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus View Post
I have been watching this closely, too bad in the original product renders the detail looked fantastic.

I have no idea which source they used for scanning (Perot maquette? did they confirm this?), but for those that say it doesn't feel like Rexy at all, it may be the eyes. The scales and wrinkles don't match because I mirrored the pic of the bust, it should be the other side but I don't have mine to snap a photo.

TBH there's never gonna be a definitive piece for the Jurassic Park T-rex.

There's 5 versions of her
- Jurassic Park Animatronic
- Jurassic Park CGI
- Jurassic World CGI (Blend of the 2 above and weight loss)
- Jurassic World FK CGI - Slight changes and bulkier
- Jurassic World Dominion CGI - More changes, darker circles around the eyes and supinated arms

So I do sympathies with anyone who takes on this piece because its never gonna satisfy 100% of folks as each fan has their own definitive version of the Rex eg. some people think its the animatronic when the CGI version technically had more screen time in the original movie.

For me personally it's about the artists interpretation and having the original artists from SWS involved & ILM this is probably as close as we are gonna get in getting close to the original interpretation.
Old 04-28-2023, 04:22 AM   #438
tidus

Absolutely, the 1:1 doesn't look like the 1:5, and neither look like the CGI, and neither look like the Perot statue (I recall someone saying it was produced in TLW, and had longer legs?). I would have gotten this maquette and sold my female bust if it didn't have low res details. My choice are the SW pieces and this one has the perfect size to display along the Horizon models.

I'm guessing they had a lot of trouble getting the finer details out of the computer - it's there on the Zbrush model, but it's clear they inflated the skin before it went to production line.

https://imgur.com/a/ASo3V
tidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 09:14 AM   #439
Amanasaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus View Post
Absolutely, the 1:1 doesn't look like the 1:5, and neither look like the CGI, and neither look like the Perot statue (I recall someone saying it was produced in TLW, and had longer legs?). I would have gotten this maquette and sold my female bust if it didn't have low res details. My choice are the SW pieces and this one has the perfect size to display along the Horizon models.

I'm guessing they had a lot of trouble getting the finer details out of the computer - it's there on the Zbrush model, but it's clear they inflated the skin before it went to production line.
Yeah I'm pretty sure Perot maquette was made during TLW's production. I remember seeing it in a production photo as SWS was painting the the full animatronics. I'm pretty sure from memory all of Jurassic Parks T rex maquettes were in neutral poses.

I'm gonna couple this with the Prime 1 dominion rex, It's a subtly way to display how far CGI has come in 30 years.
Old 04-28-2023, 08:56 PM   #440
Themarkmail
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I tought the Perot maquette was made to green light the JP1 project with Universal (at least in the Winston Effect book says a maquette made the deal) in terms of Hollywood Auctions:

https://youtu.be/7GA9_zPGHiE?t=243

The details in the body I thing it was an excess of paint coating, when you touch it it feels kinda like vinyl some times. Looks thinner than Perot one, but man it{s so very well done.
Themarkmail is offline   Reply With Quote