Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-24-2023, 10:36 AM   #11
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I agree, Prowel?s most likely going to be smaller than Galvatron. Most of the cars are shorter than Optimus, not BB or Arcee short but definitely shorter than Prime. As for price, we shall see.
It's conjecture on my part, but they may have pushed Arcee back in order to do a price hike since she's smaller. Of course, it could just be that they got an approval for Prowl first, but then why only announce him now?

I'm curious if Shockwave is still planned. It'd be nice if they posted some general upcoming release info so collector's can plan a little. These things are quite large, so having a general idea of what is coming would be helpful. I know plans change, but anything more than we're getting would be great.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 02:08 PM   #12
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

So far I've heard Arcee and Shockwave from Craigcliff. Completely surprised by Prowl. If they're doing a Prowl they have to do Shockwave. XM did say they have several Transformer plans/reveals over the course of this year so it's anyone's guess. Happy they feel the line is worth expanding and maybe get some oddballs people have been wish-listing for from other companies. Jetfire, Skylynx, Blitzwing, Astrotrain maybe?
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 03:18 PM   #13
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Definitely suprised with this one. The Police/SWAT Sniper looks bad ass. Like everyone else, I figured Shockwave was next.

Happy to see this line continue. I think XM's Tranformer Line are their best work

I'd like to see the other Dinobots get made, especially Snarl.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 05:28 PM   #14
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
Definitely suprised with this one. The Police/SWAT Sniper looks bad ass. Like everyone else, I figured Shockwave was next.

Happy to see this line continue. I think XM's Tranformer Line are their best work

I'd like to see the other Dinobots get made, especially Snarl.
Definitely!
Old 05-24-2023, 09:16 PM   #15
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I loved this guy as a kid. Anxious to see more.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 01:14 AM   #16
Cmac
Mephisto

I wonder how long they can keep this line going? I do agree that it is XM's best work, but the majority of Transformers fans buy toys and scoff at anything that doesn't transform. I doubt they'll be picking up very few new customers for the line at this point. Galvatron has an edition size of 199 and with his release, they increased their license to worldwide. If he's getting 199 units with a worldwide license, what is Prowl going to have?
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 01:08 PM   #17
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I doubt they'll be picking up very few new customers for the line at this point. Galvatron has an edition size of 199 and with his release, they increased their license to worldwide. If he's getting 199 units with a worldwide license, what is Prowl going to have?
I agree, I can see a handful of newbies jumping on, but their fans are baked in at this point. I also don't expect everyone to buy every piece either. Maybe they have the math down now, so they know how many to make for some kind of return and deal with the factory limits. BB didn't really sell well, Nemesis which was expected and Rodimus going down the same path. Maybe it doesn't bother them because they know the pieces will sell out eventually. Honestly, they can keep pushing pieces out, so I get Shockwave and I'll be happy.

It's just assumption on my part but take P1. The only reason why they still push out all sorts of TF pieces (constant Optimus, Megatron and all the gold-plated crap) is due to the company's owner being a huge TF fan. I think the loss P1 takes on is far worse than XM but maybe all the DC sales makes up for it.
Old 05-25-2023, 02:04 PM   #18
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Is he a FAN of those TRASH MOVIES. OHH GEEEE WIZ. I bailed with first movie.
From Ang new comment they are working on SCKW. With the movies lets take some metal throw it in a shredder and that is our TF character

F4F in 07 had their TF statues at about a foot, retail about 70.00ish. Dio at 150.00. Yet few wanted them. Imagine XM are 27 X that. I remember you get a email from BBTS that sorry F4F
canceled this statue. They did that for each statue

I do love the P1 SW, but YES went in THE TRASH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a (2).png
Views:	35
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	162007  
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 02:14 PM   #19
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Is he a FAN of those TRASH MOVIES. OHH GEEEE WIZ. I bailed with first movie.
A lot of fans to be honest. I'll contend the latest Bumblebee movie was good. Prowl is one I'll strongly consider however if this was Jazz it would be a must buy. The only one I'm committed to is Galvatron as I pre-ordered but excited this line has a future. Honestly they seem to recognize that most collectors may be able to get 1 or 2 of these and setting edition sizes accordingly.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 02:18 PM   #20
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Weird they didn't do Jazz. I was getting IA Prowl but that went in the TRASH. Oh GEEE WIZ TF statues getting canceled what an idea. that's what most companies do.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote