Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-25-2023, 03:44 PM   #21
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Weird they didn't do Jazz. I was getting IA Prowl but that went in the TRASH. Oh GEEE WIZ TF statues getting canceled what an idea. No that's what most companies do.
Who knows, Jazz and Blaster might be the next autobots revealed but I'm going to bet on Ultra Magnus.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 05:03 PM   #22
craigcliff1
Zot

I have been stating I think XM is doing an UM. Blaster Id think yes.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 06:53 PM   #23
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
With the movies lets take some metal throw it in a shredder and that is our TF character
Haha...love this. Such garbage.

The whole art direction that was created for live-action actually makes you stop and think, "Why would these things even take anything approaching a humanoid form when their natural appearance is that of scrap metal." But uh...be sure to give them eyelids and lips.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 08:20 PM   #24
craigcliff1
Zot

Far as the scripts I can just can speak to the first movie but know the stories on the others, took a bunch of teenagers put them in a room and said hey write us a script. I quit movies with TF first movie and glad I did. Imagine trying to make something like TESB now greatest movie, you can't it's boring. Try and make G1 Joes, MOTU, TC, TMNT now.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 10:17 PM   #25
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I agree, I can see a handful of newbies jumping on, but their fans are baked in at this point. I also don't expect everyone to buy every piece either. Maybe they have the math down now, so they know how many to make for some kind of return and deal with the factory limits. BB didn't really sell well, Nemesis which was expected and Rodimus going down the same path. Maybe it doesn't bother them because they know the pieces will sell out eventually. Honestly, they can keep pushing pieces out, so I get Shockwave and I'll be happy.

It's just assumption on my part but take P1. The only reason why they still push out all sorts of TF pieces (constant Optimus, Megatron and all the gold-plated crap) is due to the company's owner being a huge TF fan. I think the loss P1 takes on is far worse than XM but maybe all the DC sales makes up for it.
Yeah, XM complained about Bumblebee not selling well at the time. I picked him up, but I thought he was overpriced and the paint job on Spike's face was barely passable. As for Nemesis, I never understood why they even made it. It's a nice statue, but the cost and space used up for a C-level character is a bit much. Specfiction still has him and he's marked down 20%.

I think Rodimus would've sold better if his transformed mode actually looked like Rodimus and not Hot Rod. I love this line, and maybe I'm too picky, but I keep finding odd choices on some of the statues. Grimlock has the wrong number of claws in robot form (the Dinobot piece is accurate though). Galvatron's neck "muscle" (what would be the sternocleidomastoid) is positioned wrong compared to his head twist. I know most people won't notice these things, but they're weird mistakes considering it is obvious they put effort into the kibble placement and anatomical parts on these same statues. I'm probably just too picky . . .

I'm still surprised they're doing Prowl. I really thought they may go the route of doing a multi-car statue like Jazz, Hound, Wheeljack, etc. I guess they feel this will sell enough on its own.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 10:59 PM   #26
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I'm sure they did Nemesis because they had already done the design work on Optimus. Doing Prowl means they could do Bluestreak and Smokescreen easily. Wouldn't be surprised if they eventually did Skywarp, Thundercracker, etc. because of Starscream.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:36 PM   #27
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Surprised so many on here think jazz. IA did him would think they went after a more popular character if they are doing one already done. Makes more sense to do ones not done yet to me. Combiners, triple changers, blaster, prowl, dinobots besides grimlock. Thrust
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 12:11 AM   #28
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Grimlock has the wrong number of claws in robot form (the Dinobot piece is accurate though).
That’s frigging hilarious. I walk by him everyday and never noticed that!
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 11:08 AM   #29
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I'm sure they did Nemesis because they had already done the design work on Optimus. Doing Prowl means they could do Bluestreak and Smokescreen easily. Wouldn't be surprised if they eventually did Skywarp, Thundercracker, etc. because of Starscream.
I'm sure you're right as it was easy to change the pose since they already had the 3D sculpt. I didn't think about Bluestreak and Smokescreen. That's a really good point you brought up. I don't know if they'll do that though. They may be have used Nemesis as a test for doing more recolors. If that is the case, I'd guess the chances of seeing more recolors is slim.
Old 05-26-2023, 11:24 AM   #30
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
That?s frigging hilarious. I walk by him everyday and never noticed that!
Nobody seems to LOL. The claws by his wrists are wrong as are the kibble ones on his back. And yet, they made sure to change the position of the dinosaur head on his back so it fits better and makes it easier to see. It's puzzling because the dinobot mode is really accurate. I thought maybe it was different sculptors, but the other parts match up really well between the robot and dinobot mode (well minus the tail kibble that is missing in robot mode).