Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 05-26-2023, 05:57 PM   #11
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

That is not life-size, nowhere near it. They need to visit a museum and see the actual size of a T-Rex.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 06:12 PM   #12
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
That is not life-size, nowhere near it. They need to visit a museum and see the actual size of a T-Rex.
Well they never said it's 1:1, from the opening post:

"Courtesy of our Tamaboy IG account, life-size meaning human size probably 1:2/1:3."

A full scale Rex in that pose is literally impossible to make, I'd say this is 1:2/1:3:

Life-Size:

Queen:

VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 09:19 PM   #13
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Gosh that giant unnecesary base. Mixing the rocks with the trophy lol. Queen really needs some art direction with the bases.

It would have worked much better with just the head on the wall like Chonicle's, with hollow resin or fiberglass to make a nice and sophisticated piece, something that you can actually have, but no, they have to make the pyramid of Keops.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 09:51 PM   #14
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
Gosh that giant unnecesary base. Mixing the rocks with the trophy lol. Queen really needs some art direction with the bases.

It would have worked much better with just the head on the wall like Chonicle's, with hollow resin or fiberglass to make a nice and sophisticated piece, something that you can actually have, but no, they have to make the pyramid of Keops.
It's a shame we never got the real life size one Chronicle was planning...
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 09:53 PM   #15
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
What we do with other statues. Look at them, dust them, show them off to people.

Its more a rhetorical question

This piece is most certainly next level, but we are officially entering the era of completely ridiculous over the top collectibles. Its cool to see but my goodness...a VERY small percentage of collector will have the ability to properly display a piece like this.

While the piece is staggering I dont like the posture of the neck and head. Its a pose that so totally unnatural. Even with the strange neck pose its incredibly awesome
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 09:54 PM   #16
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
It's a shame we never got the real life size one Chronicle was planning...
I just found a picture of myself standing next to the life size casting of the head at CC HQ. its MUCH bigger than this.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 10:13 PM   #17
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I just found a picture of myself standing next to the life size casting of the head at CC HQ. its MUCH bigger than this.
Post the pic!!!

This is targeted to the same people that buy Life Size Iron Man collections so there will be buyers.
And most of those potential customers are not subject to the whims of the current industrial/economic climate.

Obviously the real thing is much bigger than either of these.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 10:36 PM   #18
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
That would be a cool pic. I never got to go down to their place and check out their shop/museum. I was waiting on them to get my Endo done so I could fly down and pick it and a few other pieces up at the same time. They took forever(about 5 years) and went out of business before the Endo got finished so I missed out.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 11:46 PM   #19
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

Yeah..I just don't see it. I don't like the plaque, the base is HUGE, I think the neck maybe too long? Need a side shot. I would rather it was just the head as others said. Or just a 1:1 scale head.

Working on my own right now anyway.
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 03:14 AM   #20
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Here's a pic I took with the CC casting.

If the QS bust is 1:2 scale then life-size would be this big:

EDIT: QS announced it is 1:3 scale, so life-size would be this big:
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote