Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-07-2023, 10:02 AM   #11
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I don't like the new chest emblem anyway. That is not my Punisher, but if Marvel combine this run with Punisher Max run of Aaron and make an Aaron Punisher Omnibus, i would get that. Eh... This is comics, death doesn't mean anything.

I am very peculiar when it comes to Batman, i can't stand him using guns or tolerating guns and killing. I mean DC got it stuck in my head that Batman has one rule, he doesn't kill and Batman hates guns from childhood with repeat after repeat... lol

Yet, i like reading Punisher because he is a deffirent character than Batman. He has no rule. Anything goes with Punisher as long as it gets the job done and the job is murdering criminals. Punisher's way is wrong, but even Batman's way is very questinable... Resolving to violence is also going down to same level as criminals and wrong, it is no solution etc.

But i give it thought and finally come to conculution of it is ok because i believe comics should be ----ed up... It shouldn't be about pleasing parents. lol It should have extreme gore, violance and sex. It should be a devil worshiping rock n roll !!!! and metal !!!

I respect your view brother but I've never been a fan of anything from Jason Aaron. All super heroes break the law. Like Bruce Wayne said to Alfred in one of those DC movies "We're criminals Alfred, we've always been criminals". I think it's funny that the people in Marvel who don't like the Punisher character because he kills seem to not even notice that Wolverine has killed probably ten times the amount Castle has.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 10:46 AM   #12
Augen
Metal Men

Comic character: *Dies*

Me: "See you next time"

Death is meaningless in comics. I'm not sure why they bother anymore. They just killed Ms. Marvel and everyone shrugged and said "she'll be back by the holidays for the movie".

Stop it.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 11:51 AM   #13
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I respect your view brother but I've never been a fan of anything from Jason Aaron. All super heroes break the law. Like Bruce Wayne said to Alfred in one of those DC movies "We're criminals Alfred, we've always been criminals". I think it's funny that the people in Marvel who don't like the Punisher character because he kills seem to not even notice that Wolverine has killed probably ten times the amount Castle has.
I have never read anything from Aaron. I got the Wolverine Omnibuses, but i haven't started them yet.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 01:29 PM   #14
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
It accured to me when Wolverine was in the X-Men, he didn't kill. He followed X-Men's no kill code and respected Xavier's wishes, there were even many panels that showed he tried to surpess his animal side which was full of rage and murder by meditation when he was with X-Men or when Wolverine was in Avengers, he also followed their no kill code so that is why people at Marvel who hates Punisher, tolarete Wolverine. Wolverine tries to be better. Wolverine only kills when he is on his own in his own title with same name. Punisher on the other hand will kill all kinds of criminals from a regular pick pocket to most theatrical villain you can think of, no matter which title he is in because he doesn't give a crap who has what code. That is why he is a loner vigilante. That is why some people at Marvel hate him because he kills whoever he thinks evil, no matter what.

That is also why i find The Savage Avengers so stupid.

1. Punisher is a loner
2. Conan the Barbarian is a thief, a criminal. Punisher would never tolarete him.
3. What the hell is Conan doing with Marvel Super Heroes and villains... It is stupid.

Because of these, i even passed on the Savage Avengers Omnibus. I don't care if it will never be reprinted again and worth a millon dolar in the future. I don't want that dumb piece of crap of a comic book in my collection. Rant end. lol
Old 06-08-2023, 12:30 PM   #15
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i'm sure he'll be back as Francine Castle in a couple months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Oh that is great. Then you sure as hell will enjoy a transgender Punisher.
Yep.
I heard the new title is The Punis/her War Journalist.
And it includes a gold foil stamp reading….Now with Nuts!
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 04:11 PM   #16
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

Death is meaningless in comics. I'm not sure why they bother anymore. They just killed Ms. Marvel and everyone shrugged and said "she'll be back by the holidays for the movie".

Stop it.
You?re right. Death is meaningless in comics and it?s been that way for a while now. This Punisher hate from Marvel is something different though. They hate his ?toxic masculinity? and probably hate anyone who is a fan of the character. Ms. Marvel is a character they have been pushing hard for a while and her ?death? is a means to generate sales and sympathy for the character before the future movie flops. One death they take pleasure in the other they think is ?noble?.
Old 06-08-2023, 04:13 PM   #17
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Yep.
I heard the new title is The Punis/her War Journalist
Lol!
Old 06-08-2023, 06:13 PM   #18
SickleClaw
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

Stop it.
as a mutant no less probably. fully expecting it.
SickleClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 06:22 PM   #19
qz33
Doctor Doom

There's just too much greed and speculation in all of comic-dom right now for comics to be worth anything.

The genre is finally a victim of its own success.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 08:42 AM   #20
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Thank you for collecting what i mean to say with these words. I mean Super Heroes are criminals as well. They are evil just like the villains. You can't solve the crime issue by putting on a colorful costume and resolving violance, they don't make any difference, they just senselesly beat the crap out fo people and each other. If you think Super Heroes like Batman, Spider-Man, Superman etc. are good and an Anti-Hero like Punisher is evil, you are either a hypocrite or you are way too stupid. If you are going to end, end it all or leave the Punisher alone.