Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-17-2018, 01:12 PM   #11
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

I am seriously considering ordering the Coolprops Gigers Alien but the exchange rate seems to be getting worse on Sideshow's site (I think their conversion rate is actually off anyway - today they have it listed as £1,137 but the exchange rate shows that $1,499 should convert to about £1,108) but the fact that it would be an additional 20% on top of the price plus the shipping (which correct me if I'm wrong) is going to be in excess of £100 makes this piece end up costing close to £1,500 (if shipping is £100) which is a lot of money. That paired with the fact we don't know what the quality of the production piece will be like is seriously putting me off hitting the order button.
AlwaysAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:59 PM   #12
HARD
A day without sunshine is like... night.

You want a better option, leave the UK, and become an American citizen. Petition for the UK to become the 51st state. Get rid of the money you waist on your monarchy & government.
HARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:33 AM   #13
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAlien View Post
I am seriously considering ordering the Coolprops Gigers Alien but the exchange rate seems to be getting worse on Sideshow's site (I think their conversion rate is actually off anyway - today they have it listed as £1,137 but the exchange rate shows that $1,499 should convert to about £1,108) but the fact that it would be an additional 20% on top of the price plus the shipping (which correct me if I'm wrong) is going to be in excess of £100 makes this piece end up costing close to £1,500 (if shipping is £100) which is a lot of money. That paired with the fact we don't know what the quality of the production piece will be like is seriously putting me off hitting the order button.

Ditch their new conversion system and put it back to USD. You'll be better off in the UK. I think you can do it in your settings, live chat them if not. As you say, their conversions are quite significantly over what they should be. Also consider getting a Halifx clarity CC. I have one solely for my Sideshow orders as you aren't charged a currency conversion fee. It's a drop in the ocean compared to the charges we have to pay, but every penny helps....

I'm, also heavily considering ordering the CP GIger Aliens (Head and 1/3 maquette)
Python is offline   Reply With Quote