Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-25-2018, 07:15 PM   #31
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
People change clothes why can’t super heroes?
Man. Can you imagine how much folks would flip out if Wasp was changing outfits all the time again like she did when Avengers started?

Someone else pointed out to me that aside from the outfits appearing to be based on other Superbook character the odd sash combo on her design might very well be a play on a certain OTHER Danvers getting a film soon.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:30 PM   #32
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Fashion, like opinions, is subjective.
No, it’s not. There are fashion experts and designers and what they approve is good fashion even if you dissagree with them. I’m not a fashion expert ofcourse.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 03:13 PM   #33
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Sounds like " a table is furniture" ,lol.

But I think I know what you mean. And I disagree^^.
Fashion is what is "in" and what most people accept
as "good for this time", "good for now".
Supergirls dress is what most people, obviously also at this forum, see as: not good and wrong on her.
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:01 PM   #34
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:

There's lots of people like and lots of people dislike. Subjective be damned... lol
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:11 PM   #35
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
No, it’s not. There are fashion experts and designers and what they approve is good fashion even if you dissagree with them. I’m not a fashion expert ofcourse.
Guess that goes with movie critics and art critics.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:50 PM   #36
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
Sounds like " a table is furniture" ,lol.

But I think I know what you mean. And I disagree^^.
Fashion is what is "in" and what most people accept
as "good for this time", "good for now".
Supergirls dress is what most people, obviously also at this forum, see as: not good and wrong on her.
People confuse their personal preferences (opinions) with professional standards. There actually is an objective good movie, good painting, good fashion, good novel, good music, etc. There actually is an objective bad movie, bad painting, bad fashion, bad novel, bad music, etc.

Whether or not a person likes/dislikes something is a matter of individual taste (and indeed, we're often indifferent to good things but frequently enjoy bad things). However, that doesn't mean that everything is a subjective crapshoot.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:12 PM   #37
Gothamite
Phoenix

This is the ad copy for Issue 21:

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:12 AM   #38
built2shred
Phoenix

With the female movement in full swing, get ready for fully clothed female hero's with flat chests

I will admit some of the costumes need to be redesign, IE: Power Girls outfit looks like a one piece bathing suit with long sleeves.

Even Wonder Woman's old outfit looks like a bathing suit. At least with the new skirt it looks a bit more like armor..

Supergirl is suppose to be around 17-18 years old so she should have a more trendy outfit... I don't think they should cover her up with a burqa though.... something modern but doesn't look like a cheerleaders outfit...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:41 AM   #39
Augen
The Hulk

The thing is when you make changes to appease casual or non fans of a character at the expense of your base it rarely goes over well. I love Power Girl and her costume, I buy her comics and merchandise. I didn't like her full body redesign and so lot of PG fans felt similarly. Despite having almost no support from DC in years she still has a following and see her have art or cosplay.

I have zero issue if people don't like what I like, but I won't demand other characters change to suit my tastes. Plenty of comic characters I don't care for, I just try to support what I do like.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:11 PM   #40
built2shred
Phoenix

It's a tricky proposition because you also want to attract new younger customers and they don't necessarily want their hero's to look like something from the 50's....

For example I hate they gave Superman his underwear back, he looks so out of place with the other hero's who have modern costumes... Sure your appeasing the 50 year old plus group but your not going to draw in the teenage market with old costumes.. They might be classics but they also look a bit cheesy in 2018...

I think DC made the right move to redo the costumes with the New 52 they just missed the mark on some of the costume changes...

As for Power Girl, I think the full outfit would of been fine if they kept the boob window, I think fans were mostly upset they covered up her cleavage..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote