SDguy

Oh that youtube video has me tempted!
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:00 PM   #1992
bigboss
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I continue to be disappointed by the shade of red chosen for this. The proto was perfect in that regard.
yeah...i was holding out hope because i thought newest pics weren't really representative of the final color. And Captain Marvel PF turned out so amazing...but the red is definitely too bright on this.
bigboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:04 PM   #1993
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Hey Guys and Gals, if you don't Like it Don't Buy It, Jeez
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:05 PM   #1994
demonhunter
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
The sculpture is great, the paint apps are OK, the thing that bothers me with this and with Captain Marvel, is the outfit.

The character concept design, while there is such elegance in the simplicity of the piece, the focus on the female form, and the execution of the pose, it leaves me wanting more. I miss certain practical details in these design concepts (stemming from the Marvel comics, not Sideshows adaptation to 3D) like zippers or a plausible way for these characters to get into their "outfits"....For example.

It's an awesome piece, and for the comic lovers this has got to be another home run from Sideshow, I just wish I could get past my hangups and add this and CM to the collection
I think her clothes, as in the Phoenix costume is not a physical costume made of matter, but actually manifested by the power of the Phoenix Force, no? So there wouldn't be things like zippers or piping lines. It's like when Cyclops and a bunch of other women got the Phoenix Force, and shazam....boom...suddenly they were in their new Phoenix "costumes." If I'm not wrong.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:28 PM   #1995
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeColossus View Post
Hey Guys and Gals, if you don't Like it Don't Buy It, Jeez
that is true, except SS will keep my nrd.

I would have preferred getting what was actually solicited and what I put my $$ down on.

all good though my friend, she is still nice, but there is no denying she is...different.

I guess I will use the $50 discount I got to help pay for a repaint if it bugs me enough...
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:49 PM   #1996
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
I think her clothes, as in the Phoenix costume is not a physical costume made of matter, but actually manifested by the power of the Phoenix Force, no? So there wouldn't be things like zippers or piping lines. It's like when Cyclops and a bunch of other women got the Phoenix Force, and shazam....boom...suddenly they were in their new Phoenix "costumes." If I'm not wrong.
Come on, give me this....I need a reason not to buy these amazing piece(s).....We both know I've got no good reason not to buy them, but once the flood gates open, it'll be Angela, Gamorra, and a whole host of other Marvel characters....then it'll be D.C., and then, why the hell not, Star Wars....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:38 PM   #1997
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
that is true, except SS will keep my nrd.

I would have preferred getting what was actually solicited and what I put my $$ down on.

all good though my friend, she is still nice, but there is no denying she is...different.

I guess I will use the $50 discount I got to help pay for a repaint if it bugs me enough...
I know exactly where you are coming from my Friend, that is the only thing that irritates me about this process, I just get the feeling there playing the Old Switcher-Ru sometimes, with there Prototypes, compared to the Production pieces and that is not always a given nor right, that's why a lot of the older more experienced collectors are going with other companies that sell you what they promise, may cost a bit more, but you may sleep better at night, I still like SSC but it seems more and more I am waiting for in hand pic's and then hope I can move quick enough, if I like it to get the EX or the Reg.
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:45 PM   #1998
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
I continue to be disappointed by the shade of red chosen for this. The proto was perfect in that regard.
Even with the factories not doing as well for the likeness to Will's awesome sculpt this is still one of the best portraits imo much better than other companies with respect to all. Chances were this was not the same factories who did captain marvel or even RS. Still looks pretty good though. Can't say it's like the older SS days when the finished product was so much more off. I will own this down the road for sure. Why rush to buy now? Wait to see in hand pics, and what variants shows up along with other versions of this character from other various companies. Then see where the market goes and get deals! If these were like 400.00 to 450.00 I would po but those days are gone. Just about nothing goes for even retail anymore. I have a few SS on wl now but I see them ending for a good chunk less on eBay. So I will cancel some wl when I score these one by one in the aftermarket. Off course this not apply to millionaires. For me I only work at a grocery store near minimum wage so got to do whatever it takes to stay in this super fast rising cost hobby. It's all worth it so far collecting. Just worried I will have to cancel my health insurance though to keep up with these new prices.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:44 PM   #1999
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I think the black base stands out even more, unless you are going to display her in a cabinet with dark finish. Even then, the gun metal base will be less noticeable. So, I don't get the point.
Agreed. Black just makes it stand out even more. I like it exacty how it is. I wont be changing a thing, although I am tempted to buy a 2nd one and have a custom job done. I forget, was there any news released on Sideshow possibly doing a variant for this piece?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Even with the factories not doing as well for the likeness to Will's awesome sculpt this is still one of the best portraits imo much better than other companies with respect to all. Chances were this was not the same factories who did captain marvel or even RS. Still looks pretty good though. Can't say it's like the older SS days when the finished product was so much more off. I will own this down the road for sure. Why rush to buy now? Wait to see in hand pics, and what variants shows up along with other versions of this character from other various companies. Then see where the market goes and get deals! If these were like 400.00 to 450.00 I would po but those days are gone. Just about nothing goes for even retail anymore. I have a few SS on wl now but I see them ending for a good chunk less on eBay. So I will cancel some wl when I score these one by one in the aftermarket. Off course this not apply to millionaires. For me I only work at a grocery store near minimum wage so got to do whatever it takes to stay in this super fast rising cost hobby. It's all worth it so far collecting. Just worried I will have to cancel my health insurance though to keep up with these new prices.
Becuase I want to lock in an EX and I want it in hand as soon as possible. Unlike some others on this board, I have faith in Sideshow deliving an amazing looking statue. And if by chance I don't like it, I'll simply send it back. Just not a big issue at all. And again, I absolutely LOVE the Flex Pay program and day one pre ordering allows me the maximum of 8 payments, which is exactly what I want.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:13 PM   #2000
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Agreed. Black just makes it stand out even more. I like it exacty how it is. I wont be changing a thing, although I am tempted to buy a 2nd one and have a custom job done. I forget, was there any news released on Sideshow possibly doing a variant for this piece?

Becuase I want to lock in an EX and I want it in hand as soon as possible. Unlike some others on this board, I have faith in Sideshow deliving an amazing looking statue. And if by chance I don't like it, I'll simply send it back. Just not a big issue at all. And again, I absolutely LOVE the Flex Pay program and day one pre ordering allows me the maximum of 8 payments, which is exactly what I want.
Yes I agree ordering first is always best. Sideshow has proven that the production pieces are overall very well done with the last releases with even the toughest statues like RS, and the insanely difficult super girl along with cap marve. They really improved and now I have more faith in them than any other company to come thru. Can't speak for prime1 since I never ordered from them before. Pcs has always been exactly like the prototype as well. Xm has been pretty exact too. Seems like every company has been getting good qc lately which is so much less stress for collectors. I would too once I get my career going later on and worry less about money.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote