Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-15-2017, 02:41 PM   #6501
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Honestly I want this just a huge WW fan and for reasons unknown I didn't jump before. Scared off by some of the quality issues I guess. But hopefully the second batch they have some lessons learned on the quality front. Also this just screams one of the many worthless coupons SS gives out will apply to this so I will wait and pretty happy it's back in stock despite the increase in price. Really wish Prime 1 would show their version painted and Tweeterhead Wonder Woman Maquette (Lynda Carter) is looking like a must buy. Alot of my $$$ this year will go to WW way.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:49 PM   #6502
nearmint
Phoenix

The Batman PF is still waitlisted at $399. Might be time to jump if anyone still needs it.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:17 PM   #6503
tormentedbliss
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
The Batman PF is still waitlisted at $399. Might be time to jump if anyone still needs it.
i just did
tormentedbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:18 PM   #6504
tormentedbliss
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'm sorry, what? You understand jacking up the price of one statue but not the other?
only because one sold out already, makes WAY more sense in that regard
tormentedbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #6505
COI

Nothing sketchy about this.

There is no ethical obligation to keep the price the same. When the cost of making something goes up, businesses change their prices accordingly. It happens in every business with every kind of product.

I'm honestly a bit baffled that people find this egregious. These pieces have been for sale for 3-5 years, going back to the Batman pre-order.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:43 AM   #6506
Lavario007
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Honestly I want this just a huge WW fan and for reasons unknown I didn't jump before. Scared off by some of the quality issues I guess. But hopefully the second batch they have some lessons learned on the quality front. Also this just screams one of the many worthless coupons SS gives out will apply to this so I will wait and pretty happy it's back in stock despite the increase in price. Really wish Prime 1 would show their version painted and Tweeterhead Wonder Woman Maquette (Lynda Carter) is looking like a must buy. Alot of my $$$ this year will go to WW way.
I think this Is the 3rd batch. I preordered during the 2nd and mine Is flawless! I have the Red Son version and it's a beauty too. Most of my statue orders for the year will also go towards WW
Lavario007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:23 PM   #6507
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Thanks for that info!!! it was relayed from SS customer service in the Superman Thread that some of the price increase was due to changes that were to improve the statue. I'm not sure that also apply s to the WW statue but it's good to hear from those in the second batch having positive comments. I have Gamora inbound in like 2 weeks so i want to wait cause it will probably come with a coupon for $20 off. I'm thinking i should be good.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:22 PM   #6508
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Nothing sketchy about this.

There is no ethical obligation to keep the price the same. When the cost of making something goes up, businesses change their prices accordingly. It happens in every business with every kind of product.

I'm honestly a bit baffled that people find this egregious. These pieces have been for sale for 3-5 years, going back to the Batman pre-order.
Makes perfect sense. I am actually surprised the price wasn't raised sooner gven how long its been on the market and how much prices have increased since it was first put up for pre order. People who think these companies are bound by a partciular price, when it can take years to produce and sell the full edition, just aren't using thier thinking caps. Wether its due to a quality issue or a raise in production costs, these companies can change the price if need be.

That being said, it doesnt happen with every business and every kind of product. There is one product in partiuclar that has baffled me for years due to its complete immunity from the price increases you normally see with products, both due to inflation and the increased cost of producing the product itself. That magical product is video games. I wrote a BIG long post about it in the video game forum. I would love to hear from a professional economist on that topic as it really is one of the most mind boggling things I have ever seen in the business world.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:33 PM   #6509
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Video game prices might seem like they haven't changed, but that is only partially true. Base prices have remained, but with each year that passes, you get less of said video game for the price and more DLC that is extra charge.

Example: The upcoming Injustice 2 retails for $59.99, however if you want all the characters you have to buy the ultimate edition for $99.99 as the basic edition is missing 9 fighters.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:18 PM   #6510
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

I remember when I was a kid and SNES and N64 games during the 90s were already selling for like $60-$75. Also can't forget about the Neo Geo. Games for that system were like $200! That was a lot especially when you're a kid.

Video games are a tough business to be in. With that said, video game developers have a different way of making their money back now. They have DLC that they can charge after they get you to pay $60 for the base game. Personally, I try to avoid buying video games on the release date if I can, and I try to buy at a later date when there's a complete/definitive/ultimate edition when I can.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote