Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 09:34 AM   #21
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidsGold View Post
Hopefully this is a joke post.
It isn't and if u can't see that, you're part of the problem.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:45 AM   #22
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIIWARRIOR View Post
It isn't and if u can't see that, you're part of the problem.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:55 AM   #23
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I’m more interested in our antibiotics being made in the U.S. than I am about statues. Start with the most important things first.
If you knew me you would know I'm more interested in having EVERYTHING made in USA than having it made in China of all places. But this is a statue related forum & I'm staying on topic!
Old 10-18-2021, 10:02 AM   #24
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
If you knew me you would know I'm more interested in having EVERYTHING made in USA than having it made in China of all places. But this is a statue related forum & I'm staying on topic!
Fair enough and I agree. I would love it if there were statue making factories in the US. There would have to be incentives for businesses to produce here though.
Old 10-18-2021, 10:43 AM   #25
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Fair enough and I agree. I would love it if there were statue making factories in the US. There would have to be incentives for businesses to produce here though.
Ignoring the current rise in shipping costs (as it’s anyone’s guess if it’s a short term problem or not) I’m not sure how any design house in any significantly developed western country will be able produce their statues locally for a similar price. In order to be competitive they would have to be heavily subsidised which isn’t going to happen as there are far more important industries.

Unfortunately most will always vote with their wallet, and as much as we say we would buy locally produced goods, history would seemed to indicate otherwise. Heck we whinge that prices are too high as it is.
Old 10-18-2021, 10:52 AM   #26
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Unfortunately most everyone knows that’s unlikely as most profit businesses will look for ways to shave costs. And producing locally in ‘richer’ countries will almost always be more expensive, which is why so much manufacturing activities have moved offshore (probably to the detriment of many countries) to lower cost countries. And those that haven’t are probably being subsided or receiving other assistance by their governments. China had their decades in the sun, but that seems to be ending. But that doesn’t mean it’ll move to local production, as they’ll just pivot to other low cost countries.
Old 10-18-2021, 10:58 AM   #27
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Unfortunately most will always vote with their wallet, and as much as we say we would buy locally produced goods, history would seemed to indicate otherwise. Heck we whinge that prices are too high as it is.
This is so spot on.

A lot of the same people that say “I want it made in the USA. Stop shipping XYZ to China and overseas” all are the same that complain an American made t-shirt costs $20 and that we shouldn’t raise minimum wage. Do they think factory workers in this country should work for pennies in sweatshop conditions? I don’t. And I’m not complaining anymore about China making everything.

The generation before mine set that monster in motion, created their mass economic growth and now it can’t be stopped. I’m just sitting here in my 40s trying to stay out of the fray and save for retirement.

One of the few things I will get on my soap box about is Big Pharma and Healthcare. There is no damn excuse except pure greed for our monsterously f’ed system.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:22 AM   #28
qz33
Doctor Doom

Useless luxury items should be most eligible for Chinese production.

The only way manufacturing of intrinsic valued goods comes back to this country is through automation which is about to catch fire in the next couple decades. Think of A.I not as artificial but more automated intelligence.

Ahh good to seen you make an appearance. Always you and Shogun with the laser cutting posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
China has been focused on building its manufacturing infrastructure for the last 40+ years, while we've been focused on building...financial instruments? Ponzi schemes? lol

Even if you took wages out of the equation, we couldn't just start manufacturing on their scale tomorrow because the infrastructure doesn't exist.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:25 AM   #29
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Companies like Wal mart etc... are to blame along with corrupt politicians who give them every legal and financial advantage, small businesses cannot compete period. And "raising the minimum wage" does zero to help the actual struggling people when inflation simply drives your dollar down as businesses cost go up, perhaps if things were made in America and a few big companies and banks didnt control everything, maybe smaller companies would charge more for their products, but would also have higher wage earners working for them and your dollar would go farther, it actually used to be this way
Old 10-18-2021, 11:35 AM   #30
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
This is so spot on.

A lot of the same people that say “I want it made in the USA. Stop shipping XYZ to China and overseas” all are the same that complain a man American made t-shirt costs $20 and that we shouldn’t raise minimum wage. Do they think factory workers in this country should work for pennies in sweatshop conditions? I don’t. And I’m not complaining anymore about China making everything.

The generation before mine set that monster in motion, created their mass economic growth and now it can’t be stopped. I’m just sitting here in my 40s trying to stay out of the fray and save for retirement.

One of the few things I will get on my soap box about is Big Pharma and Healthcare. There is no damn excuse except pure greed for our monsterously f’ed system.
Exactly this... well said.
Closed Thread