Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #421
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Yeah I can admit in retrospect...the base of Scorpion was definitely busy...although I still liked it....at least there were no QC issues with the base

Kitana I loved but the QC issues prevents me from buying her.

The Sub-Zero is phenomenal....I just dislike the fact both the ice freeze and the sword weren't part of 1 package. It is getting to the point where extras like this need to be automatically included (see XM Studios).

I have no problem with charging more for the Sub-Zero if both were included. Already darn near paying $400, so what's another $50 - $100 for options...especially when payments can be split up over three months or four.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:01 PM   #422
MrYac
Hercules

truth be told unless something totally blows me away i'm pretty much done with this line. Scorpion & Goro have always been my 2 favorite characters from the series so i'm content just owning them. I got caught up in the Reptile hype so I bought him (always liked him too mind you but he wasn't a favorite) so those 3 will likely make up the entire MK collection for me
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:40 PM   #423
Hanzo
I am da law!

I would also consider the mk9 cyborgs but with mkx im sure they will look a lot better, i really like the dark grounded approach to design so far.
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:08 PM   #424
Ballsagne
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I thought the sub zero ice blast exclusive also had the sword? Eh if not i wasnt gonna display the sword anyway. The baraka totally blew me away. Had no plans to buy a baraka but after seeing it i guess im gonna give in to the whole line lol i just gotta find a scorpion even tho its my least favorite so far
Ballsagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:19 PM   #425
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

MK9 Sub-Zero Ex (Ice Blast) DOES come with both sets of arms. Loricstone has been mad for no reason.

P.S. Both versions(regular and Ex) also come with a second head with no iris. No one ever mentions it so I thought I would...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:54 AM   #426
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

MK9 Reptile bringing the best out of people. I hope his hate flows into physical form now as the statue of him will be a permanent reminder.

damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:09 AM   #427
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballsagne View Post
I thought the sub zero ice blast exclusive also had the sword? Eh if not i wasnt gonna display the sword anyway. The baraka totally blew me away. Had no plans to buy a baraka but after seeing it i guess im gonna give in to the whole line lol i just gotta find a scorpion even tho its my least favorite so far
I recommend you hold off on the first Scorpion. You can bet PCS is working on the new MK10 Scorpion now. It will be a better sculpt. Wait it out and save up money.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:11 AM   #428
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
MK9 Sub-Zero Ex (Ice Blast) DOES come with both sets of arms. Loricstone has been mad for no reason.

P.S. Both versions(regular and Ex) also come with a second head with no iris. No one ever mentions it so I thought I would...
I'm mad because I missed the Ex. What I am saying is...the regular should come with both the freeze ball and ice sword.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:32 AM   #429
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I'm mad because I missed the Ex. What I am saying is...the regular should come with both the freeze ball and ice sword.
Then what would differentiate the Ex?

If I don't end up liking the art direction of MKX, and PCS doesn't make any more MK9, I may consider selling mine to you - at cost.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:19 AM   #430
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Then what would differentiate the Ex?

If I don't end up liking the art direction of MKX, and PCS doesn't make any more MK9, I may consider selling mine to you - at cost.
Maybe a battle damaged, alternate color version.

Truth be told, most EXCLUSIVE statues don't really differentiate enough from the REGULAR to me.

Let me give you an example of what an exclusive statue would be to me---the ARH Conan. To me, I like how you have the option of buying either just the Conan by himself, OR, you can buy the snake and the woman to go with the Conan.

Now they don't market that as an exclusive, but that to me really is drastically different than just the Conan by itself...and that would make it exclusive. ARH doesn't call it an exclusive, but I would. It costs a whole hell of a lot more than just Conan, but it also almost creates a diorama if you will.

The perfect model for a regular statue should be something akin to the SS PF Silver Surfer. You had 3 total heads and 3 sets of arms. That offered tons of different display options. That is how regular statues should be. Also see the brilliant XM Studios Marvel statues like the Black Widow statue or Thanos statues coming out. It's just one version and it has tons of display options.