Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 04:06 PM   #631
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I'm not sure how much you'd be willing to reveal, but I have a few questions about your upcoming Jurassic Park stuff.

1. If I recall correctly the license covers all four films, are you going to focus on collectibles from one film at a time?

2. I'm loving the Indominus Rex design much more than I expected to, do you guys plan on making a statue/maquette of her?

3. Lastly, I think I remember reading that you might be doing life-size raptor busts, and this might simply be too big, but would you consider making life-size, full-body raptors?

I can see those being a shipping nightmare, and very expensive, but it's something I've always wanted.

I know Oxmox Studios has a few, but unfortunately they're not accurate to any Jurassic Park version, which is what I want.
The JP license hasn't been officially confirmed. I believe he said if they get the green light, the first pieces he would like to do is the 1/5 Rex and 1:1 Raptor as a wall mount bust.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #632
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
I'd like to make a half scale bust of Zombie John, that's what I call him.
honestly, I don't think there is any demand for that character as a half scale bust. I think historically, 1:2 busts don't sell all that well to begin with unless it's a top tier character.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:18 PM   #633
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
honestly, I don't think there is any demand for that character as a half scale bust. I think historically, 1:2 busts don't sell all that well to begin with unless it's a top tier character.
I don't know about that, they have their vocal opponents for some reason, more so than a lot of other configurations. But plenty of people like them, I love them myself. They are large enough to feature lots of detail, but they are much easier to display than 1:1 busts that a lot of people simply don't have room for. I agree about the character though, but maybe that will change once the movie releases.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:42 PM   #634
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I have to agree with ap on this one, regardless of personal preference I don't think 1:2 busts are that popular with the masses. Risky move if you ask me, but time will tell. I certainly hope I'm wrong.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:40 PM   #635
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Well seeing that my dreams of a 1:1 Endo are off the table for now, 5k or 7k it matters not it's just too much money to commit to monthly payments not knowing what the near future holds for CC releases, I darn sure would not complain about a 1:2 Endo release. Would be a lot easier on the wallet and still being fantastic to own. I think the problem with 1:2s is that they are still remarkably expensive and when 1:1s exist, anyone who would pay 2k+ for 1:2 is going to choose the 1:1 instead for 5k+.

As far as TG and CC goes, I wouldn't ever bother with a 1:2 Endo if you cannot keep the price at 2k. I don't think sales will be there at 3k, but 2k has a fair shot. I don't know what to think of a John piece. It certainly fits the bill for CC's mission and I support that goal. I just don't know if I can monetarily support it in the case of John :x When I look at him it screams overdone to me, rather than cooooool /drool. *shrug*

It feels like a Endomuscle instead of a Endoskeleton. Like someone said "what can we do different?" "Well imagine the terminator endoskeleton but with muscle over it, like those anatomy pictures of humans where the muscles are shown on top of the skeleton. We can machine the muscle!" "Hmm sounds good to me! *Ca-ching*"

You know it's amazing the human race wins in the end against Skynet. Perhaps Skynet should save their T-1000 and up models to fight the war instead of wasting it on time travel missions. The war would be over in a day when no one could kill just a lone T-1000 model because they ain't got no molting lava or metal to poor over it. Skynet ain't so bright. I guess that's why they lose!
Old 05-01-2015, 09:23 PM   #636
azurepred
Zot

they aren't making full 1:2 pieces, just possibly busts
Old 05-01-2015, 10:00 PM   #637
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
The JP license hasn't been officially confirmed. I believe he said if they get the green light, the first pieces he would like to do is the 1/5 Rex and 1:1 Raptor as a wall mount bust.
Well that's a bummer. I thought it was a for-sure thing. I had already decided I was going to pass on all Genisys products in favor of the JP line.

I've gotta say though, after seeing a screenshot of that T-5000 (or whatever it is), I'd be really tempted to pick up a life-size bust of it. Visually I think it fits well as the next step in Terminator evolution, even if nothing else in the movie makes sense.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:55 PM   #638
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Well that's a bummer. I thought it was a for-sure thing. I had already decided I was going to pass on all Genisys products in favor of the JP line.

I've gotta say though, after seeing a screenshot of that T-5000 (or whatever it is), I'd be really tempted to pick up a life-size bust of it. Visually I think it fits well as the next step in Terminator evolution, even if nothing else in the movie makes sense.
im getting worried about the JP and or JW license since the movie comes out in a month
Old 05-01-2015, 11:27 PM   #639
azurepred
Zot

if they get the license, the first things being made will prolly be from the first film, so I don't think it matters when they get it, as long as they do get it.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:41 PM   #640
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Bummer news(to me) on 1:2. I just always thought they were doing 1:2s as a consolation to people who didn't have the money for a 1:1, and since they aren't doing 1:3s I thought it was because they were doing 1:2s because I see "1:2" alot around here...

In any case, 1:4 will have to do, but I'll look into this 1:2 bust thing when it starts coming around. I might bite in some cases.

Quote:

I guess my problem with Terminator evolution is I don't think it's required. I would be perfectly happy with just the basic Endoskeleton. Instead of focusing on writing a really good story for the Terminator franchise to warrant it's continued existence, they spend all of their time creating new terminators to co-star with the basic design or to fight the basic design(good guy Arnold).

Why does the T-800 or T-850 and whatever else they are calling it even still exist anymore when Skynet has T-1000s and up roaming around? In my mind, real life crap aside, I can figure that in the Terminator story sense, the Hunter Killers of T1 and T2 were replaced with more advanced HKs that I see in TS and TG. Okay cool I buy that. But why are the T-800s still roaming around? You can re-program an old damaged T-800 to send it back in time to be Arnold. That's fine. I buy that. But why does Skynet still employ them?

If they stopped trying to evolve the Terminator every movie to up the ante over the last movie, we might be getting something more than what appears to be another Terminator popcorn movie in July. But it's hollywood. I understand their motives. And I understand I just might be wrong on this. But as soon as I saw J terminator I was like, SOLD. On this being a popcorn movie :x guess I'll see soon....
Closed Thread