Man, this statue is glorious.

Yes it is.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:19 PM   #1502
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMISIS PRIME View Post
Well I actually own a few XM sculpts I actually plan on owning all the spidey villains they put out so before they begin on me I'm not an XM hater I think their stuff is awesome but there is life after XM they are not the all to end all
Cool post!

I have 10 XM statues with more on the way.

Just got my SS Brown Wolvie and I have this, GG, Capt Marvel and Red Sonja ordered. Drooling to PO Hulk Wolvie dio.

Waiting on the three PCS 1/3 MK Ninjas.

I just love statues and there is life all around.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:21 PM   #1503
DingleDangle
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimantium View Post
You're not alone. I agree.
XM makes a couple of cool statues.
I own none. Something about XM's anatomy is off to me. Strange tiny head sculpts long arms and legs. Plus I don't like the lack of comic accuracy in their work. Cable comes to mind. For me it's just too much everything. If you put the XM Phoenix on this base nobody would have bought that statue. That one is purely base oriented like most of their stuff. Put this statue on the XM base and that would be great. But I prefer this statue overall to the XM. I have too much stuff for a huge Phoenix base.
This one though, Perfect sculpt, perfect portraits and that fire bird will be bigger that it appears in photo. The wolverine base took me by surprise. I think these new silver bases are all the same diameter. I kinda am digging that!
Just my opinion. Ready for the hate.
This is an SS thread, so I'm sure you have like minded individuals here. I agree though, XM is overrated. They make some good pieces, but they're seriously overrated. They made Magneto and people treat them like the second coming of jesus, yes it was an amazing statue, but a lot of their other stuff doesn't phase me. Initially I loved their Jean Grey, but after another look she feels overshadowed by that cheap plastic looking phoenix.
DingleDangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #1504
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Man, this statue is glorious.

Fantastic! I hope that Dark Phoenix statue is the production piece already.. I am soo inlove with this Dark Phoenix..
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:26 PM   #1505
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMISIS PRIME View Post
I totally agree never saw why so many found it not.. like there's not life after XM...like after they make a character everything else is garbage or my favorite phrase"I'll wait and see what XM does with it"
My problem with XM is that I will fell inlove with their pieces when it is revealed, then as the day pass by and I keep looking at it everyday, It easily wears off.. I will end up not ordering the piece. I saw their phoenix so many times displayed in our LCS. but no more wow factor, and no regrets that I didnt order. same goes to their other pieces.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:34 PM   #1506
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
My problem with XM is that I will fell inlove with their pieces when it is revealed, then as the day pass by and I keep looking at it everyday, It easily wears off.. I will end up not ordering the piece. I saw their phoenix so many times displayed in our LCS. but no more wow factor, and no regrets that I didnt order. same goes to their other pieces.
Lol well I'm sure your the minority!!
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:48 PM   #1507
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
I have my reasons why I may not like some xm mostly obvious reasons like female head sculpts. Painting some can be better. But to be fair they do have some I like a lot like phonenix minus all her heads. I do love the Troy head on her. Looks amazing! The wow factor is still there since last year when I got her. Thought about it and yes I still love that statue. Imo it's the best xm statue so far. The presence is bigger than just about all my ss and xm statues. Those wings in the sun is incredible. The first full female I love from xm is medusa. The face works on her well. Love the more eyes with more lashes. She is one comic style I can live with because it's done very well. GR, venom, cable, spiderman etc will be so epic!
Then ss yes they can be impressive with those guys like Newman, Steve, harbottle, etc which is really the best in the industry I would say. SS has the experience but they sometimes do skimp on the extras, base, and skips so many less known characters etc. All companies has flaws and will have super exciting to boring statues. Im so excited and can't wait for xm to get some of the masters like those SS sculptors. Troy is a great talent now on planet hulk. His talent saved xm Phoenix to me. Now let's gets some more talent like him and it will be even more exciting!
As for the SS phoenix I love it. Will buy later. It has less on the base and no massive cool wings. But the sculpture is so well done by the master harbottle I must own it.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:24 PM   #1508
Atimantium
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Lol well I'm sure your the minority!!
So far. You're in the minority.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:35 PM   #1509
Atimantium
Hydra

Back to topic.
I'm curious how see through this resin is. Back lighting it could be really cool. I'm also liking this darker paint on the tips of the flames.
At first I was hoping they would add the black around her emblem but I like the clean look with the bigger emblem now.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:44 AM   #1510
dood
Kindly Asked To Leave

doesn't the Phoenix only have the black border around emblem?

I thought Dark Phoenix was just the emblem

dood is offline   Reply With Quote