Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-29-2016, 09:05 AM   #1901
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Why have people never liked a slight sheen on costumes that are full body suits? Bodysuits are usually made of a lycra spandex/leather/pleather material. The majority of the time those materials have a sheen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
As others have said, lighting will play a huge role in how she actually looks in hand. I don't think her face is any less detailed, they may have toned down some of the "make up" for production reasons.

She looks clean in those photos, and the painting looks crisp enough, this might be a very reasonable piece when it drops.
Oh I was on of the first to say that SS lighting can be deceptive and a hindrance to the real beauty of pieces. That's why I asked when this is shipping so we can start seeing in-hand pics. Even crappy iPhone pics can sometimes be better because at least the color is usually there.

That face though, the angle of the main SS image is killing me. And the only straight on is in front of the box with unnatural lighting. Ugh.

I'm hoping she drops in price or a big fat coupon comes up if her face looks more fierce than what SS has shown. I love this piece, just not the pricetag.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:23 AM   #1902
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Why have people never liked a slight sheen on costumes that are full body suits? Bodysuits are usually made of a lycra spandex/leather/pleather material. The majority of the time those materials have a sheen.

Oh I was on of the first to say that SS lighting can be deceptive and a hindrance to the real beauty of pieces. That's why I asked when this is shipping so we can start seeing in-hand pics. Even crappy iPhone pics can sometimes be better because at least the color is usually there.

That face though, the angle of the main SS image is killing me. And the only straight on is in front of the box with unnatural lighting. Ugh.

I'm hoping she drops in price or a big fat coupon comes up if her face looks more fierce than what SS has shown. I love this piece, just not the pricetag.
Totally agree.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:53 PM   #1903
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
It depends on the lighting. The proto wasn't quite as shiny and more orange.
After seeing the comparison photo, I might have to add a little black eyeshadow to her top lid, eye crease. That gave the face a menacing look.

Really looking forward to this one. It will be interesting to see what one I get first, Catwoman or Dark Phoenix. Two favorites in such a short time. All I need is LeeLoo.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 03:11 AM   #1904
Lavario007
The Spirit

Just received an email Dark Phoenix final flex payment pushed back to Feb
Lavario007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 03:35 AM   #1905
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Just got the email about the flex payment too..its funny how we all knew this would happen...chinese new year usually ruins any early year releases
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 09:00 AM   #1906
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
All I need is LeeLoo.
Assuming you are referring to Milla Jovovich, I would order a good statue that had her in those white straps in a second. My wife might burn it in a fire, but I would definitely order. That being said, I have no faith that any company will make a statue like that.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 12:38 PM   #1907
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Assuming you are referring to Milla Jovovich, I would order a good statue that had her in those white straps in a second. My wife might burn it in a fire, but I would definitely order. That being said, I have no faith that any company will make a statue like that.
I would buy that also but I don't have the Wife component to contend with anymore and if she was still with us, she was secure enough that I was the one that waked up with her
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 01:42 PM   #1908
nearmint
Phoenix

So is she officially delayed until Feb, or are only flexers getting that email?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 05:23 PM   #1909
novaraven
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Got the email too. Delayed yet again
novaraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 07:19 PM   #1910
Atimantium
Hydra

I didn't receive any delay email.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote