Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-01-2016, 05:15 PM   #211
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

So the original Darth Maul was $280, I'm not sure what year he came out but probably around 2005. So that is an increase of about 85% in 10 years. That is crazy. No product being made in China has increased that much so how can they say that cost have increased that much for them? Also does this mean that in another 10 years PFs will be $900+?
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:16 PM   #212
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
unfortunately this means passing on a lot characters / statues I really like, I think we all saw this coming but maybe just not so fast
Yea these prices will make me choose between main characters and Stormtroopers essentially.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:18 PM   #213
qz33
Doctor Doom

I think it's being missed that the current state of the shops in China is basically a bidding war.
There are too many companies and too much product.
They have more than they can complete and everyone is fighting to get their work.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:19 PM   #214
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeesh, $520!! That is too much for this piece. I have putting some restrictions on my SW collecting and it's that I will first and foremost be an OT collector. Luckily this, as well as the TFA pieces make that easier to live with. I'll break the rules but only if it's really worth it. Maybe if I can pick this up for cheaper down the line I'll bite, but for now it's a pass. Bummer too because I really liked this.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:19 PM   #215
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Steve View Post
So the original Darth Maul was $280, I'm not sure what year he came out but probably around 2005. So that is an increase of about 85% in 10 years. That is crazy. No product being made in China has increased that much so how can they say that cost have increased that much for them? Also does this mean that in another 10 years PFs will be $900+?
The original Maul was released in 2007.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:22 PM   #216
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
does this mean that in another 10 years PFs will be $900+?
I doubt anyone would collect them if they were, at least at the same level of what is currently being released.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:26 PM   #217
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Let me add that I was hoping to pick up Jango Fett when it gets released but based on the current trend of offering a bare bones piece with next to nothing as switch outs with an ever increasing price, I'll be forced to pass on that piece too.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:27 PM   #218
COI

Quote:
Not all products being made in China require skilled labor; most probably don't. There's a limited amount of factories for this work, and with all these collectible companies springing up in the last couple of years, demand is probably exponentially higher than it was 10 years ago.

Not saying the prices are justified or not, but it's not just about inflation; demand for this specific labor has to be taken into account.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:27 PM   #219
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Let me add that I was hoping to pick up Jango Fett when it gets released but based on the current trend of offering a bare bones piece with next to nothing as switch outs and an ever increasing price, I'll be forced to pass on that piece too.
+1 I was really looking forward to jango as well but hes just not a $500+ character for me, really screws up the display I had in mind
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:38 PM   #220
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Not all products being made in China require skilled labor; most probably don't. There's a limited amount of factories for this work, and with all these collectible companies springing up in the last couple of years, demand is probably exponentially higher than it was 10 years ago.

Not saying the prices are justified or not, but it's not just about inflation; demand for this specific labor has to be taken into account.
^ Yeah exactly what the resident smart guy said!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote