Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 08-09-2014, 08:14 AM   #11
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I did a review in this piece for my blog and I find it funny how similar some of the things we talked about with this piece... Especially going on about the boots... I agree 100%... They are amazing. This is one of the few piece I own that I have to have on a shelf that I am able to get around him so I can view him at all angels. There is just so much detail and little touches that you have to be able to view it all. Excellent review and excellent piece.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:57 AM   #12
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
I did a review in this piece for my blog and I find it funny how similar some of the things we talked about with this piece... Especially going on about the boots... I agree 100%... They are amazing. This is one of the few piece I own that I have to have on a shelf that I am able to get around him so I can view him at all angels. There is just so much detail and little touches that you have to be able to view it all. Excellent review and excellent piece.
Hah...great minds must think alike!
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #13
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Great review and pics. I would have to take off marks for those damn eyes though. What the hell is wrong with sideshow?
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #14
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Great review and pics. I would have to take off marks for those damn eyes though. What the hell is wrong with sideshow?
Thanks for the great comments!

I've only seen a couple bad cases of googly eyes, and my understanding is that Sideshow is giving replacements for the problem.

My first portrait (the one in all the pics above) was replaced because the feathers were damaged. The eyes on it were pretty good...maybe the right eye is off by a hair. The eyes on the replacement I got are near perfect.

I try to take into account issues other collectors are having, as well as the piece I have in front of me, for all of my reviews. I did consider the eyes when grading the paint, but didn't take too much off there because the two heads I have seen personally, and seemingly most of the pics I have seen from others, turned out really nice.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:50 PM   #15
el_gricho
Frackin!

cool!

amazing review!. I will probably get this one... will be my first hulk
el_gricho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:17 PM   #16
woozie0
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Thanks for the great review!
woozie0 is offline   Reply With Quote