Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-21-2018, 02:46 AM   #951
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Awesome looking piece. That only thing is those seams on the phoenix wings. Wiers how they didn't get the flames to cover them up more/blend in better..?

Thats it though. Awesome piece
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:25 AM   #952
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
Awesome looking piece. That only thing is those seams on the phoenix wings. Wiers how they didn't get the flames to cover them up more/blend in better..?

Thats it though. Awesome piece
I would be surprised if they left those seams that visible in the final production.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:19 AM   #953
built2shred
Phoenix

You can only see them if the statue is turned backwards... so unless you got mirrors or a spinning base I doubt anyone will see them. But wouldn't hurt if they covered em up
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:43 AM   #954
Wurmtongue
The Herculoids

Maybe we'll get a pdf file of how to correct it with a rice cooker
Wurmtongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:41 PM   #955
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurmtongue View Post
Maybe we'll get a pdf file of how to correct it with a rice cooker

I still think it was a cool move by XM to show collectors how they can correct for their own ADD/ADHD/MVP/TBD/RSVP, but this still got a laugh out of me.

Nice!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:12 PM   #956
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Given the totally noticeable seam on Storm's tornado which has been there since the statue's inception, I'm very concerned they have no intention of correcting the seams on the bird. And it's not that you can just see them from the back. You can see it half way down the "tail" as it goes to the base, and on the front wing attachment points.

I'm going to message them to see if I get a reply. XM used to pride themselves on the quality of work and these types of details. Having this potential issue on two heavy hitter characters just isn't a good look. If I wanted that type of QC, I can find it with other companies.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 04:34 PM   #957
built2shred
Phoenix

I was so busy checking out Storm herself I never noticed the seam on the tornado. It does feel a bit like XM is getting to big and their quality is dropping off a bit, were now hearing about breakage issues with Storms hair and Darth Mauls outfit.. XM used to the be the gold standard on package shipping, now they're having issues... Makes you wonder if XM is biting off to much with all the statues they're trying to make a year..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 04:41 PM   #958
Demona
Martian Manhunter

But yet they have slowed down on the POs and edition sizes, which should mean the standard should still be there. I just hope they don't lose the ability to listen to customer concerns -- the valid ones at least -- that talk about construction and appearance. That tornado seam is atrocious. Back in the day, XM would have tested a replacement and sent it out to buyers.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:30 PM   #959
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Its flames. It should be easy to hide. Strange no one in the whole XM team that contributed to this piece haven't thought about tweeking the flames to better hide it.

Thats all they need to do on this piece which is a huge compliment. Everything else is fine.
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:25 PM   #960
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hey just a quick update - I ultimately just cancelled my pre-order for XM Dark Phoenix at Spec Fiction Shop. Since I downsized my house I really wouldn't have anywhere to display her aside from a walk-in closet...and I guess I can replace my car's tires instead. =/

Anyway just posting in case someone missed out on pre-order since she's only a few months away from shipment, as he may have her listed again soon.
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote