Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #11
dao2
Cyclops

Secondary market does probably get taken into effect as well, though maybe not as much with price as with ES. But in the end it means more money for them and less value for us.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #12
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
well as far as the costs are concerned. im sure it has a lot to do with the materials that are involved to make the two pieces. im sure the IM is a hallow very thin cheap plastic. where the HE is mostly a solid polystone. then you have to take into consideration that HE has a very large base. and then you need to consider what the painting process is on the two. the IM could possibly be made out of colored plastic with only a few areas that are painted. to where the HE is entirely primed and painted with a more technical paint application using more colors than the IM (such as shadowing and highlights). and then you have to take the packaging into consideration as well. more went into the HE packaging than the IM im sure. so you see there is a lot more that goes into making a $300+ statue than a $70 toy.
The Iron Man is a very solid and well made figure. There are a few light plastic parts which represent the flaps and shoe coverings that are moveable. Otherwise, this is a solid figure. Weighs about 5lbs. maybe more.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #13
dao2
Cyclops

PVC and other plastics are a lot cheaper then poli/resin even if in some cases plastics are a sturdier material.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #14
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
The Iron Man is a very solid and well made figure. There are a few light plastic parts which represent the flaps and shoe coverings that are moveable. Otherwise, this is a solid figure. Weighs about 5lbs. maybe more.
well, solid as in well made or solid as in solid plastic? if there are seams noticeable anywhere then its surely hollow to a degree. but like i said. it really all boils down to the process and materials it takes to make each item. and as doa2 stated. mechs and robots are a lot easier to do usually becasue mechs, robots and non organic characters are easier to accomplish do to the symmetric lines and shapes of the piece compared to an organic asymmetrical character such as a human and its musculature. im sure some of those come into play when making a piece.
but i believe its more based on the process and materials more than anything.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #15
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme

Hi, Iron Man!!!
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote