Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #11
AstroWho
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Their prices for these makes no sense to me? The old Master Replicas Enterprise and the old Unobtainium Enterprise were in the $1500.00 to $2000.00 range. Even the Huge Millenium Falcon from Master Replicas retailed for $2500.00
I have the Serenity Ship but I ordered it on the first month they were taking orders and I received a $500.00 discount on it. I thought it was expensive but at least somewhat understandable as $2000.00 to $2500.00 were the going rate for these high end replicas ships. Even the Comiquette Batwing & Batmobile and the new EFX Star Wars replicas are in this price range.
But these QMX replicas are $7500.00? That's three times the cost of any high end replicas that were out there.
I have no idea who is paying those kinds of numbers on these but I've yet to see a photo of one in someone's collection.
Just seems crazy to ask those kinds of numbers.
AstroWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #12
dao2
Cyclops

QMX actually RAISED the price on the enterprise since it came out, same with the Serenity replica. They actually did it all at the same time, and the fx company that they've been using has been pretty under performing production time wise :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #13
StatueJunky
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I wanted to get one of the QMX 2009 movie Enterprise, but the cost and rep didn't add up. I am a huge Trekkie and have been looking for a reliable builder for a while now. I have some small models, but would love to have one of the large light up replicas.
StatueJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #14
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Thanks for the heads up. A lot of what you said is also brought up on this other forum I found.

http://www.therpf.com/f11/qmx-enterp...eplica-177629/

Not many good things to say about it there ether. Also, if they indeed cheaped out on the packaging that is a complete turn off for me. If theirs one thing I cant stand its companies slapping the customer in the face with a high value item by packaging it like a pair of shoes in a shoe box (Eg: Fred Barton - Robocop bust)

I'm probably gonna forget getting this from the sounds of things.

Chris
I still have the QMX Battlestar Galactica Viper on my list but I too read about problems on that replica prop forum. Problems that shouldn't exist for the price they are asking. QMX makes the Wrath of Khan Enterprise as well.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #15
Atheris
The Maxx

Got this email response from them today.

Quote:
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry! We certainly hope to start taking orders for the 2009 Enterprise again soon, but we are still making our way through our order backlog so we don't have an ETA yet. We're aiming to reopen orders sometime later in the year. Unfortunately, once we start re-taking orders we will no longer be doing Layaway installment payments for any of our Artisan products.

While it's hard for us to estimate delivery windows due to any number of reasons (build complications and labor shortfalls are just a few of the things we've run into in recent months), our typical window is about 60-90 days from build start to delivery (keep in mind, this is NOT your timeframe from your order date!).

You can sign up for the QMx Insider newsletter or follow us via Facebook and/or Twitter since that's where we generally make announcements for things like this, but if you'd prefer I can also take down your email address and try to give you a heads up before then.

Thanks again for your interest in our QMx Artisan Replicas!

Sincerely,

Jane
QMx Customer Service
Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:55 AM   #16
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Looks like a really nice piece, I really like the Battle Star Galactica Signature "Viper" replicas they produced a couple years ago as well. Always had my eye on them but never got around to ordering always too busy with other stuff.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #17
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I had the same thing as you Chris.. never got into the old Star Treks (1st 1 I saw was entreprise movie which i thought was cool - but after that didn't bother).. but J.J.'s (reboot) first star trek was awesome and I started looking at a couple places on the net to get one.. I never really followed it up or got that far into it, but at the time of looking I thought ebay had the best offerings.. i'd only look once or twice a month and there would always be some cool done-up kit on there..

here's a couple recent ones for example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/U-S-S-ENTERP...#ht_368wt_1399 - this 1 is sweet

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seamless-1-3...#ht_253wt_1399

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Trek-Mo...#ht_720wt_1399

but yeah you'll find there's some real hand-crafted ones which passionate OCD anal freaks have spent countless hours on - you have to take advantage of that

Basically what you want to do is click "advanced" tab on ebay and put $1,000 as a mimimum before you punch in "entreprise kit" to filter out all the junk
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #18
dao2
Cyclops

Once again something you can get from multiple other sources built cheaper and better ;p Honestly the only proper priced and unique Artisan thing they have ever done is their first one. That blackbird (iirc, not 100% sure) stealth viper from BSG. It was only limited to 40 but it was well done (probably cause it was so limited and their very first one) and priced halfway into decency.

I recently got a Roughly ANH Studio Scale Star Destroyer (bit over 3 ft) and fully lighted (which is far more difficult then their lighting) for less than a 1/3rd of their asking price for the Enterprise. And it was a much tougher build then the PL Enterprise too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
I had the same thing as you Chris.. never got into the old Star Treks (1st 1 I saw was entreprise movie which i thought was cool - but after that didn't bother).. but J.J.'s (reboot) first star trek was awesome and I started looking at a couple places on the net to get one.. I never really followed it up or got that far into it, but at the time of looking I thought ebay had the best offerings.. i'd only look once or twice a month and there would always be some cool done-up kit on there..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/U-S-S-ENTERP...#ht_368wt_1399 (though I don't know why you'd want brass..)

but yeah you'll find there's some real hand-crafted ones which passionate OCD anal freaks have spent hours on - you have to take advantage of that

Basically what you want to do is click "advanced" tab on ebay and put $1,000 as a mimimum before you punch in "entreprise kit", that way no junk shows up
While I'm surprised brass was used (it'd be expensive ) the reason why it would be better is because resin tends to sag over time, especially with something as large and partially thinly made as the enterprise. It is still commonly used with models however because of this sag internal armatures are created to help combat this sag, for example my SD or the MR Falcon which had an internal metal skeleton. No idea if QMX used one, wouldn't be surprised if it was just the metal pole running down the middle.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #19
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post

While I'm surprised brass was used (it'd be expensive ) the reason why it would be better is because resin tends to sag over time, especially with something as large and partially thinly made as the enterprise. It is still commonly used with models however because of this sag internal armatures are created to help combat this sag, for example my SD or the MR Falcon which had an internal metal skeleton. No idea if QMX used one, wouldn't be surprised if it was just the metal pole running down the middle.
Yeah just thought about that as I posted lol.. cool factoids, sounds more high-grade.. I read the description and it was also for 'exacting' precision..
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #20
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/U-S-S-ENTERP...#ht_368wt_1399 - this 1 is sweet

but yeah you'll find there's some real hand-crafted ones which passionate OCD anal freaks have spent countless hours on - you have to take advantage of that

Basically what you want to do is click "advanced" tab on ebay and put $1,000 as a mimimum before you punch in "entreprise kit" to filter out all the junk
Wow, thanks for that man. You have convinced me...the QMX is version is seriously over priced if this is what could be had through private builders for less than half the cost. These look incredible!

I gatta find a 2009 enterprise now from one of these guys.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote