1/2 Super Sonico Statue

Manufacturer: A- Toys
Material: HQ Resin
Scale: 1/2
Size: 91cm / 35,8"
Weight: 5000g (5KG)
ETA: 08/2013

Pictures:

I could not resist and I ordered her. A whopping €475, but I think she will be worth it. A real eyecatcher .

Anyone else getting this? Thoughts?
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
dao2
Cyclops

Wow I didn't think they were actually producing this. It's not a bad price for the size, but being a sonoco it's definitely going to be a pervy statue but even knowing that her breasts are too big and look a little misshapen. Also it needs some more color :/
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
Atheris
The Maxx

Truth....when I clicked in this thread I was expecting to see this guy.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
Vracula
Jedi Order

I don't understand.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I don't understand.
In my head I read the thread title as sonic the hedgehog for some reason.

.........it's been a long day for me lol

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post

Chris
That's an odd thing to expect!
I was expecting this guy:

Anyway, cute statue but will never arrive at my place. Looks way to pervy and not suitable when you have a wife and kids. Sure I have a whole bunch of Shunya's but never understood these (Sonico etc.) kind of statues/figures; very youthful/childlike faces and way too big breasts stuffed in tiny bra's. But to each their own I guess.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:47 AM   #7
Hobby_Galaxy
Frackin!
Adamantium Plus Member

I have always been curious about the popularity of this type of statue/figure here in the US. I know it's a big thing in Japan, even considered part of the culture (Otaku etc.), but what about the US? Anyone has any insight? I know I have fun looking at the pics, but will probably never collect them or display them, not that there is anything wrong with it.
Hobby_Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:13 AM   #8
dao2
Cyclops

There are a lot of jappo figure collectors in the US as well, so much so that that are english site versions of many japenese retailers (amimi, hobbysearch, hlj, etc). However scales for jappo figures are MUCH smaller, like 1/6th scale is considered big. A 1/2 scale is almost unheard of it and they crop up very rarely.

Also almost all jappo figures tend to be made out of PVC and as such they are priced far lower then western statues. There are a lot more pervy jappo figures then western ones, including a lot of castoffable ones (and a fair number of just naked ones). The market for this figure is small due to it's price and scale. They're not used to paying that much.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:18 AM   #9
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post

Chris
its not just you I was expecting the same thing!
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:18 AM   #10
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

I'm not from the US. I'm from The Netherlands. Europe has a small anime collectors group. We have to pay massive amounts of money for statues cheaply priced in Japan or the US.

I love these statues and I have a wife, so. There are loads of people who collect these and have a wife and kids. I'm displaying it in my game/movie room and not in the living room or bedroom.

I tend to have more fun collecting anime statues than I do collecting SS statues. For some reason the anime statues are always on time. As in, they make their ETA and not get pushed back 6/7 months. Besides that they are truly flawless. They quality of these statues is just amazing. Makes you wonder why SS can't get 1/2 scale statues out that way. Or 1/4 for that matter. I collect (almost) all 1/4 anime statues and haven't regretted a single moment doing it.

I think living in Japan must be heaven being an Anime statue collector. US is a good market for them and you guys get loads of the good figures. But Europe is just awefull. We have to (very often) pay double or triple the original price through LRS and import to get our anime fix. I've already missed the Onegai Teacher 1/2 scale statues and was not about to miss this one too.

And true. Most anime statues are 1/8 or 1/7. A buttload of 1/10's is getting put out there, but the 1/4 and 1/2 are rare and expensive. But boy do I love them. As you said... to each his own.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote