Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-29-2013, 02:34 AM   #11
dao2
Cyclops

Well to me it seems jappo figures get pushed back plenty too, just not ALL of them. But yes the paint quality is so regular and high quality it puts places like SS to shame. Though a lot of that is because PVC can be colored, so literally the PVC is the color instead of paint (on larger chunks), and of course they use decals for eyes. I asked Jerry about that once and he told me because the figures are made in such mass those companies actually own or partly own the factories that make them so they can watch and demand quality.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:50 AM   #12
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Didn't know that. But that's a good thing. But not all big scale anime statues are pvc. Resin statues are out there too and they look great as well. The decals fit the style (manga) so they are great and never cross eyed :P.

Must say I never got a big scale anime statue pushed back in release. They get held in customs 99/100 times, but get released on the day the said it would be released.

But do you guys really think it's a pervy statue? She's not hinting anything, no devices, no tentacles, no nudity. There are far worse (hentai) statues out there. This one is quite neat.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:32 AM   #13
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
you know we like anime statues too but this one? The biggest disappointment for me are her breasts... They just look way too unnatural, like they're floating or something. have fun with her though
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:08 AM   #14
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

I think they are ok and will look better irl... as do all breasts I think ... We'll see when she arrives. Haven't seen you guys posting much anime purchases lately. Not getting much anymore?
Old 05-29-2013, 06:46 AM   #15
Spazzy
Hercules

I got a couple anime figures, usually very well done and clean, which is why I like them mainly, and my wife is ok with them (gave me a couple weird looks at first) but this wouldn't fly for any amount of purses or shoes I could throw at her.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #16
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Don't get me wrong, I love anime figures, got a bunch of those myself (http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/vinnnie) but I think those crazy japanese tend to exaggerate some stuff (big balloon breasts, tiny body, childlike faces).
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #17
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
I got a couple anime figures, usually very well done and clean, which is why I like them mainly, and my wife is ok with them (gave me a couple weird looks at first) but this wouldn't fly for any amount of purses or shoes I could throw at her.
I've had the same looks, but now it's just; "Oh another. As long as you're happy I'm ok."
Glad I don't need to bribe my way into buying what I like

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love anime figures, got a bunch of those myself (http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/vinnnie) but I think those crazy japanese tend to exaggerate some stuff (big balloon breasts, tiny body, childlike faces).
Some go overboard, but I think this one stays fairly true to the original art. But I can understand it's not everyone's cup of tea.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #18
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
Didn't know that. But that's a good thing. But not all big scale anime statues are pvc. Resin statues are out there too and they look great as well. The decals fit the style (manga) so they are great and never cross eyed :P.

Must say I never got a big scale anime statue pushed back in release. They get held in customs 99/100 times, but get released on the day the said it would be released.

But do you guys really think it's a pervy statue? She's not hinting anything, no devices, no tentacles, no nudity. There are far worse (hentai) statues out there. This one is quite neat.
Yeah there are PVC, there are some resin, cold cast resin, and soft vinyl ones but the vast majority are PVC. I have no problems with decals, they are great and western manufacturer's have started using them as well. Honestly most of the bootlegs that come out nowadays are better quality than what we get from SS and the like and it's pretty sad :P Also be weary decals doesn't mean cross eyed :P There have been western statues that use decals that are still cross eyed, since the 2 pupils have to be applied separately. They just look better than if painted and because of some of the detail they put in anime statue eyes and the small size it would be effectively impossible to use otherwise. They look great though, you couldn't tell the difference even if you looked close imo (other then the fact that they look perfect).

I dunno, delays seem somewhat common, however it's not like delays with SS where they tell you when it's due or something. They know early in production and set a new date so often by the time it's up for PO the date doesn't change much.

I do think it's a pervy statue ;p not in a hentai way but just that the purpose of the statue (and pretty much sonoco these days) is just sex appeal ;p It's not a bad thing per say just not something I'd be comfortable displaying in my place.

There are indeed far worse statues. TBH the biggest draw of this statue imo is the size, there are a bajillion or better pose/color/etc sonoco statues out there, but none this size of course ;p
Old 05-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #19
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

True true. Size matters. Just the size alone almost makes it worth buying. Other than that I just like the character and her... sexyness . And the price is good compared to SS 1/2 scale statues. I know you can't compare a Wolverine LSF to this Sonico LSF, but still. It's less than a quarter of the price.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #20
dao2
Cyclops

Totally a better deal then SS' crap and it'll actually come out looking like that. Still I think they skimped on color and stuff, there's actually a 1/5th one that looks similar to that yet a lot more detailed coming out. I'm not a fan of sonoco or anything so I'd never get it, for a fan of her though this is probably the ultimate statue of her to have (purely due to size).