Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
So Just Which One Is The Statue?? IM 1/4 Neca!

Just wanted to post a quick picture of this amazing NECA 1/4 Iron Man TOY from next to the 1/4 Hawkeye PF STATUE from SS.

So tell me....why can't $70 give us this Hawkeye...but give us this amazing lit up Iron Man from The Avengers movie version????

loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
Vracula
Jedi Order

Dude that is preety amazing .
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Great job NECA.

Judging from my 1/4 NECA Predators I 'm guessing it has a nice solid feel to it too.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:17 AM   #4
Hobby_Galaxy
Frackin!
Adamantium Plus Member

NECA always represents good value. 1/4 scale figure with decent quality at lower than $100, who else would do that these days? Watch out for their 1/4 Lone Ranger figures, I bet they are gonna be great!
Hobby_Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:59 AM   #5
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby_Galaxy View Post
NECA always represents good value. 1/4 scale figure with decent quality at lower than $100, who else would do that these days? Watch out for their 1/4 Lone Ranger figures, I bet they are gonna be great!
Thank you Hobby.

Have you heard anything about more 1/4 unmasked Preds? I'm kind of in a Predator rut right now.

Not that kind of a rut!
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #6
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

That IM is a great piece. I too have often felt that we, as collectors, are getting gouged and this s a perfect example. Similar licences and the same scale but one is 15-20% the price of the other.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

HT 1/6 scale cost double, it just proves that the prices are driven by the secondary market rather than production cost, the companies want the share of the pie too,
no wonder increased ES by sideshow
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #8
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

well as far as the costs are concerned. im sure it has a lot to do with the materials that are involved to make the two pieces. im sure the IM is a hallow very thin cheap plastic. where the HE is mostly a solid polystone. then you have to take into consideration that HE has a very large base. and then you need to consider what the painting process is on the two. the IM could possibly be made out of colored plastic with only a few areas that are painted. to where the HE is entirely primed and painted with a more technical paint application using more colors than the IM (such as shadowing and highlights). and then you have to take the packaging into consideration as well. more went into the HE packaging than the IM im sure. so you see there is a lot more that goes into making a $300+ statue than a $70 toy.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #9
dao2
Cyclops

As Dynamic said to get our statues it definitely cost more. Not that SS isn't ----ing us, they probably make at least 50% when you buy direct from them but it's not as big as a margin as this looks ;p But there is no doubt that it should like miles ahead of the IM but they don't, but it's no surprise to anyone that SS paint apps fail. Also mechs and robots are a lot easier to do, when it comes to faces/joints thats where figures and toys have problems looking as good ><
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #10
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
HT 1/6 scale cost double, it just proves that the prices are driven by the secondary market rather than production cost, the companies want the share of the pie too,
no wonder increased ES by sideshow
i highly doubt thats how they base their prices on. it all depends on the costs of the process on how they have the item made. after all there are different qualities of materials and processes that are used to make certain items. reason for some costing more than others.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote