Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-07-2014, 02:51 AM   #491
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Chris. You and VS are ruining this thread for everyone else with all your time stamping palava
My bad

I gave up anyway lol

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:59 AM   #492
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

i think after checking inventory when it went back to pre order status it was a glitch, i got on chat to book one for me and SS rep said it was sold out and wailisted, i think Atheris got on the waitlist around that time and I got on it after about 30 minutes
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:05 AM   #493
Atheris
The Maxx

I wish there was a real time counter of how many people are on a WL for a particular item. It doesn't have to say my specific place in the list, just a total. That way if I choose to get on the WL I can sorta gauge how many people are ahead of me to calculate my odds.

Chris
Old 04-07-2014, 03:14 AM   #494
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
I wish there was a real time counter of how many people are on a WL for a particular item. It doesn't have to say my specific place in the list, just a total. That way if I choose to get on the WL I can sorta gauge how many people are ahead of me to calculate my odds.

Chris
Can't you just email SS and ask them. Explain that you need to know your chances on the EX as it will determine whether or not you order the regular ?
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:24 AM   #495
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Can't you just email SS and ask them. Explain that you need to know your chances on the EX as it will determine whether or not you order the regular ?
I've read a few posts in the past by others that have tried this. The response they got was......sorry, but no.

Guess it doesn't hurt to try, but don't think I'll get anywhere with it.

Chris
Old 04-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #496
Atheris
The Maxx

Ok so just got off the phone with a SS rep and she tells me SS is in fact receiving the full 500 ES for this piece. I asked are you sure because from what I understand and what was already confirmed in the ask SS section, SS was only to receive a portion from the 500. She rebutted and insisted that was incorrect and that SS is indeed getting 500 units for the EX. So now I don't know who to believe.

I called in to see if I could get any indication of where I sit on the WL. As I suspected she couldn't tell me. But if SS really is getting the full 500, that leaves many more chances for a WL conversion.

Chris
Old 04-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #497
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Chris

How do they have all 500 when these exclusives went for sake in japan few weeks ago? Or is there two exclusive versions USA and Japan??

Sorry but the people on here 9/10 know more than the SS reps (no offense to IGO or Alex but that's the truth) because I have gotten so much false information from them in past it's tough to know who's right!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:01 PM   #498
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Chris

How do they have all 500 when these exclusives went for sake in japan few weeks ago? Or is there two exclusive versions USA and Japan??

Sorry but the people on here 9/10 know more than the SS reps (no offense to IGO or Alex but that's the truth) because I have gotten so much false information from them in past it's tough to know who's right!!

Sarah
By all the different posts on some of the TF boards,looks like there might be 2 exclusive versions.Cant blame the SS reps as its not there product,unless your in Japan,info/details are scarce
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:36 PM   #499
Solarsailor
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Honestly it's almost impossible to believe that 500 people put a $240 deposit down on a $2300 statue in 24 hours. There would be TONS of statue companies if business was this good. If people were that hyped for it the regular would be gone also. I mean you're talking about a hobby were if a statue goes up by $25 the collectors act like the actual Apocalypse is coming and the Sideshow offices get burnt down with petrol bombs.

I guess if it was marketed big enough it MIGHT be possible but I'm not sure it was. I'm certain SS would have only got a portion. Maybe the reps on here could clear it up, I don't see how it effects business.

If anything I'd be shouting from the roof tops if it were my business. I had a chance to get the EX but opted for the regular so it doesn't effect me either way, I'm just glad to have this bad boy.
Solarsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:47 PM   #500
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarsailor View Post
Honestly it's almost impossible to believe that 500 people put a $240 deposit down on a $2300 statue in 24 hours. There would be TONS of statue companies if business was this good. If people were that hyped for it the regular would be gone also. I mean you're talking about a hobby were if a statue goes up by $25 the collectors act like the actual Apocalypse is coming and the Sideshow offices get burnt down with petrol bombs.

I guess if it was marketed big enough it MIGHT be possible but I'm not sure it was. I'm certain SS would have only got a portion. Maybe the reps on here could clear it up, I don't see how it effects business.

If anything I'd be shouting from the roof tops if it were my business. I had a chance to get the EX but opted for the regular so it doesn't effect me either way, I'm just glad to have this bad boy.
Yeah i don't know if i believe it either but I'm saying no more about this or sideshow will try and duel me But if they truly did sell 500 of those in less than 24 hours i don't want to duel you sideshow, i will submit!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote